Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Willis linked to Dallara program.

F1 | Formula 1 | F1 News | F1 Live - Yahoo! Eurosport UK
Crash.net
Willis linked to Dallara program.

Mon, 15 Feb 14:40:13 2010
Buzz Up!

Former BAR, Honda and Red Bull technical chief Geoff Willis is being linked to a possible role with whichever team Dallara ends up supplying, having been spotted at last week's Formula One group test at Jerez.

Willis, who also spent time at Williams earlier in his career, has not held an F1 post since being ousted from Red Bull Racing midway through last season, but was an interested observer as the second session of the winter progressed in southern Spain. With rumoured connections to Sauber having been denied by the Swiss squad, attention has now turned to a possible role with either the nascent Campos Meta team or chassis partner Dallara.

According to Yalla F1, Willis could be set to join the beleaguered Spanish outfit but, given its struggle to get ready for the 2010 season, could also wind up aiding Dallara should its programme switch, as is rumoured, to the waiting Stefan GP operation.

While the Serbian outfit waits in the wings for a possible grid slot to open up - having already taken up residence in the former Toyota base in Cologne and shipped equipment to Bahrain, eponymous Dallara boss Gian Paolo Dallara has confirmed that he is pressing ahead with its F1 programme regardless of delays in payment from Campos Meta.

"I can say with pride that we have done a good job in the design and development, all safety tests have been passed and production has gone ahead," Dallara is quoted as saying, "Unfortunately, factors outside our control are slowing the process down, but I am confident that we can find solutions so that our work is not lost."

The report also links the Italian constructor with another struggling newcomer, USF1, despite the team's desire to build an all-American entry. Little has been heard since the Charlotte-based equipe confirmed Jose Maria Lopez as its first driver, but the Argentine has been training hard in Europe and believes he is ready for the season ahead.

"I've finished this work in Austria that has really helped me to get physically fit faster than I thought," he told Spain's Marca, "Now I think I'm physically ready to face the season without major problems."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Mercedes-Benz Motorsports & Racing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in