CH4S Artist

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 958 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
A funny aside:

Schu has lunch with Ferrari at Valencia E-mail

Feb.3 (GMM) Michael Schumacher returned to Ferrari's motor home on Tuesday.

The seven time world champion's friend and former teammate Felipe Massa revealed that Schumacher, 41, stopped by for lunch during the break from testing at the Valencia circuit.

"What we said to each other? Nothing in particular," said the 28-year-old Brazilian.

"We're friends and we're talking quite often to each other: today I think he was just homesick for our motor home, because we have the better food here than anywhere else in the world of formula one," Massa smiled.

Ferrari confirmed that Schumacher ate a plate of spaghetti aglio, olio and peperoncino prepared by the team's famous chef Carmine.

Italy's La Gazzetta dello Sport reported that Schumacher brought along his doctor Johannes Peil.

"Ferrari has already won over Mercedes in the culinary challenge," said the newspaper.

Massa would not be drawn on how the new Ferrari and Mercedes cars shape up, but third party Rubens Barrichello admitted after Tuesday's running: "Ferrari seemed very good."
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 01:39 PM
CH4S Artist

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 958 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Brawn admits Mercedes are off the pace

http://www.totalf1.com/full_story/vi..._off_the_pace/

Brawn admits Mercedes are off the pace
Wednesday 3rd February 2010

Ross Brawn has admitted his Mercedes team have "got a bit of work to do" in order to catch McLaren and Ferrari while Michael Schumacher says he does not expect to challenge for early-season race wins.

Though wary of drawing firm conclusions from the opening three days of winter testing, Brawn all-but conceded that his team are lagging behind the pace-setters despite Schumacher's return.

"It's always very difficult to judge. On full tanks on Tuesday we didn't look too bad but we're a little bit off on pace and [there are problems with] the handling and balance of the car which we can fix for Jerez. We know what the problem is," Brawn told the BBC.

"Of course the other teams will be progressing as well so we are reasonable, not as quick as Ferrari and Lewis looked quick yesterday. So it looks like we've got a bit of work to do.

"We are cracking exhausts and are having to change those every 150-200km. It's a problem we can fix but here it's difficult.

"We've got a handling imbalance because we are all learning about these tyres here and we've seen straight away some things we want done on the tyres which we'll have done by Jerez."

Schumacher's running on Wednesday was brought to a premature conclusion due to a hydraulic fault. The German finished the day a second down on Fernando Alonso.

Speaking to Autosport, Schumacher, making his comeback after three years of inactivity, offered a more positive assessment of the team's position - though he also accepted that Ferrari are currently out in front and it may be a while before Mercedes close the gap.

"The car is running very smoothly, very nicely. I'm very positive," he reported. "I'm thinking we will be competitive, but whether this is a winning car straightaway or not, that's another story. For me that's not so important - it's a long season. We need to be there and taking points from the beginning.

"I wouldn't expect to be winning right from the beginning. It wasn't something that I was aiming for and expecting to be the case. But we need to be strong enough on development."

But Schumacher was also able to report that, on a personal level, his comeback had gone smoothly.

"Actually it's been much easier than I anticipated," he announced. "I thought it would need a bit more time but it went pretty quickly. I'm really happy."
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

Date registered: Oct 2005
Vehicle: 107, 115, 116, 123, 124, 126
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
There is no better driver to have that can push a team to the top as Schumi. I love that he ate lunch at the Ferrari motorhome...but he took his doctor!

"Give Michael the bad pasta...that'll slow him down!"
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 08:46 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2004 E500 Wagon, 2004 E55 AMG
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I have faith that Schumi together with Brawn are going to get all the problems sorted out before the begining of the season. I think Nico is going to be on par with Schumi! Even though come race day there aren't many people that can beat the Schumi and Brawn pair!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 04:55 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2003
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
....so is McLaren, like, chopped liver now?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 06:13 AM Thread Starter

Date registered: Oct 2005
Vehicle: 107, 115, 116, 123, 124, 126
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by el pres View Post
....so is McLaren, like, chopped liver now?
I don't think so. Hamilton was fast at Valencia, although Button seemed lost.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Mercedes-Benz Motorsports & Racing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in