Date registered: Oct 2005
Vehicle: SL55, 300SE, GL450, Daytona 955i
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 270 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Send a message via MSN to bayhas Send a message via Yahoo to bayhas
(Thread Starter)
What an F1 combination for 2010... What do YOU THINK?

Let's say you are a team boss, or a CEO and you want to dominate in F1... what do you do? let's see...

-Get rid of your partner and become a sole propriator
-Buy one of the most successful teams and chassis...
-Keep the management body of this team...
-Install the best engine in the sport in these chassis...
-Then get one of the most successful drivers of all times to drive this car...

if this is not a receipt for domination... what else do you call it?

I guess all other teams should start considering the fight over the second spot at best...

What do you think guys?

Garage:

Mercedes-Benz, W140 S Class S320 (AKA 300SE)

Mercedes-Benz, R230 SL Class SL55 (///AMG)

Mercedes-Benz, X164 GL CLass GL450

Triumph Daytona 955i

Former Mercs:
R129 SL Class SL500 (passed on) - W163 M Class ML430 Designo (for sale) - W140 S Class 500SEL(sold) - W140 S Class S320(sold) - W140 S Class S500(sold) - W140 S Class 500SEL(sold) - W201 190E 2.3(sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 06:48 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Dec 2009
Vehicle: 2006 C55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am not sure what you are trying to say. If you think this will be a cake walk for mercedes, I would rethink it. McLaren will be very strong, they have the expertise and the drive. Ferrari will be wanting to make up for the terrible season they had, (although I dont believe alonso is going to help them) and dont forget that the RedBull cars are in the hunt also. The rest are just moving cjicanes but it wont be a walk away this year as they are just further refinments of the existing years car.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 10:47 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2008
Vehicle: C55 AMG
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinsvi View Post
I am not sure what you are trying to say. If you think this will be a cake walk for mercedes, I would rethink it. McLaren will be very strong, they have the expertise and the drive. Ferrari will be wanting to make up for the terrible season they had, (although I dont believe alonso is going to help them) and dont forget that the RedBull cars are in the hunt also. The rest are just moving cjicanes but it wont be a walk away this year as they are just further refinments of the existing years car.
Spot on! It won't be a cake walk but it will be entertaining! We are potentially going to see some great F1 this year.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 04:18 PM
CH4S Artist

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 958 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Schumacher excels when it comes to his contribution to develop a F1 car.
How many F1 drivers besides MS will actually sleep at the factory during crucial stages in a cars development?
He has been known to call his engineers in the middle of the night, after waking up with ideas for possible improvements.
His almost obsessive attention to detail has been joked about.
Where many regard him as lucky, his mechanics and engineers point out MS technical knowledge / background, combined with an intuition re weaknesses in parts about to fail.

He'll mold his crew around him.
At Ferrari he was known to frequently invite his entire team (including floor sweepers) to dinner.

Schumacher, Rosberg, Brawn, Fry, Haug, Bigois, and Meadows make a formidable lineup.
We'll soon witness whether MS will still be able to squeeze out the extra few tenth when needed.
2010 should turn out to become a interesting season.
Cheers
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 05:40 PM

Date registered: Oct 2005
Vehicle: 107, 115, 116, 123, 124, 126
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Here's what the bookmakers say:

Schu not bookmakers' favorite for 2010 title
(GMM) Bookmaker Victor Chandler is offering odds of 13/2 that Michael Schumacher will secure a record-expanding eighth world championship in 2010.

After the legendary German's return to the sport after a three-year absence was announced just prior to Christmas, fans have been racing to place bets on how the soon-to-be 41-year-old will fare.

Major UK bookie William Hill's odds for an eighth drivers' crown have already come in from an initial 8/1 to 6/1, while Blue Square are offering 4/7 for Schumacher's ninety-second career race win, in from an initial 6/4.

Like Victor Chandler, the Austrian bookmaker Bwin has Schumacher at 13/2 for the title.

"If he's given the wheels, it would take a brave man to bet against the Teutonic totem," correspondent Tom Cary wrote in the Daily Telegraph.

William Hill, however, tips Lewis Hamilton as the 9/4 favorite for the 2010 championship, with reigning champion Jenson Button at 11/2.

Ladbrokes has Hamilton at 5/2 for the title, ahead of Ferrari's Fernando Alonso (3/1) and then Schumacher (5/1). Button is the fifth favorite at 6/1, and Schumacher's Mercedes teammate Nico Rosberg seventh at 10/1.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Mercedes-Benz Motorsports & Racing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in