Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 937 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Fry denies Brawn staff unrest

Fry denies Brawn staff unrest

22/10/09 10:17

A rollercoaster year for the Brawn Mercedes team
Brawn chief executive Nick Fry has played down reports that a number of senior engineering staff are upset with the team over "bonus arrangements", according to the Daily Telegraph .

The rumours are said to have spread in the paddock, leading to rival teams including Red Bull, McLaren and Ferrari making job offers to the disgruntled Brawn staff.

Also reportedly at odds with Brawn over pay issues is the new world champion Jenson Button, who agreed to slash his retainer by 80% in 2009.

The 29-year-old also made it known this week that he paid his own travel costs this season, and the Telegraph reveals that Button washed his own overalls between races, only to have Brawn's accounts department refuse to pay the bills.

"No one has said anything to me about this," said Fry. "I am extremely surprised. We will look into any concerns that people have, though I am not aware of any.

"As far as we are concerned these are internal matters but if there is an issue with anybody we are quite happy to talk to them about it.”

Team boss Ross Brawn meanwhile has dropped a hint that Button can expect some sort of pay-rise before returning as world champion next year.

In an interview with La Stampa, Brawn was asked whether he thinks Button would have driven for no pay in 2009.

"He almost did: this year he agreed to take less than half (his contracted fee) because he risked being unemployed," Brawn is quoted as saying.

E.A. © CAPSIS International
Source: GMM
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Mercedes-Benz Motorsports & Racing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: