Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

F1: Prost Gets Closer To Renault Boss Role

427 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Teutone 
#1 ·
F1: Prost Gets Closer To Renault Boss Role
Written by: SPEED Staff / GMM
09/21/2009
GMM Newswire FORMULA-ONE - F1: Prost Gets Closer To Renault Boss Role - SPEEDtv.com

The 54 year old former world champion said the situation is very complicated but didn't dismiss the idea of become the team boss at Renault. (Photo: LAT Photographic) » More Photos

The signs are growing stronger that Alain Prost is at the head of the queue to succeed Flavio Briatore as Renault's new Formula One team boss.

"It remains to be seen how Renault is staying in F1 and with what strategy," the former four-time world champion told the French daily Sud-Ouest.

"It depends completely on the project," Prost, 54, added. "At the moment it's difficult to talk about it. The situation is very complicated. Let's wait and see."

On the subject of Briatore, however, and the Italian's role in the 'crash-gate' scandal, Prost is adamant: team bosses should not be allowed to also manage formula one drivers.

"You need to understand that a young driver, like Piquet, is very fragile
and he had a lot of pressure," Prost said in a separate interview with Britain's Mail on Sunday.

"Piquet went too far but it is something that should not happen again," he added.

Prost, although having headed his failed eponymous team until it folded in 2001, would be a logical choice for Renault in the wake of Briatore's departure.

"The whole of my career, I think I was working with integrity and F1 desperately needs to regain some morality," he said.

F1 RaceCast Online Now! Follow Formula One live online timing & scoring, practice, qualifying, race coverage, commentary and more on SPEEDtv.com!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.