Max in a spot of bother? - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 86 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 11:17 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: 87 300SL "Roadster" 86 420SEL "Limo" 89 420SEL The "New" Limo 87 190E 2.6 fact bodykit
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
HAHAHAHAHAHA!

I've just gotten back from a two day conference, logged on and just pissed myself laughing at this debacle.

I would love to see the look on Jackie and Ron face as this rolls on

IMO he had this coming after the way he has manipulated the Mclaren/Ferrari spygate episode

NOTE:
Max, if you need a place to hide out while this goes on. Send me a couple of million and you can hang out in our front house. I'll organize a couple of girls to keep you company.
BYO Nazi uniform of course

Andrew

"That's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live forever"- Lemmy

Last edited by A&L's300SL; 04-04-2008 at 11:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 86 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 12:19 AM
CH4S Artist

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 956 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Mosley sues the News of the World

Mosley sues the News of the World
Eurosport - Fri, 04 Apr 22:17:00 2008
Embattled FIA president Max Mosley has come out fighting by starting a legal battle with the Sunday tabloid that published a lurid story about his private life.

More StoriesADAC asks Mosley to consider his position
Shocking revelations emerged in last weekend's News of the World that have this week placed Mosley's position as one of most powerful men in motorsport under severe threat.

Although Mosley subsequently apologised to all facets of the FIA for any embarrassment caused, he cited "a covert investigation" to discredit him had been undertaken.

The newspaper printed allegations there was a Nazi connotation to the sex scandal, a claim the 67-year-old Mosley insisted was "entirely false".

Now he is determined to pursue the matter through the courts, with a statement confirming: "Lawyers representing Mr Mosley have today served proceedings against the News of the World claiming unlimited damages."

Mosley, though, appears to be facing a greater battle to save his job than he perhaps first anticipated.

Earlier this week, Mosley stated he had received a large number of messages of sympathy and support from within the FIA and the motor sport and motoring communities.

But over the past few days, a groundswell of negativity has slowly started to rise against him, with calls growing by the day for him to resign.

It is almost certain that regardless of the furore enveloping him, Mosley will resolutely stand firm until his fate is decided at an extraordinary general assembly of the FIA later this month.

The assembly comprises 222 national motoring organisations in 130 countries, and it is in their hands Mosley's fate rests.

And if the Dutch, German and Israeli motoring organisations are an indicator of the general feeling around the world, then Mosley's 15-year reign is approaching the end.

The Dutch motorsport federation, KNAF, have confirmed they will vote against Mosley at the meeting likely to take place in Paris.

"Because of his high-profile position, this can't be accepted," said KNAF president Arie Ruitenbeek of the lurid story that came to light in the News of the World.

"I have not received my invitation yet (to the FIA meeting), but we will go and vote for him to resign."

The ADAC (Allgemeiner Deutscher Automobil-Club) have asked Mosley to "very carefully reconsider his role."

Their statement read: "In a letter to FIA president Max Mosley, the ADAC has distanced itself from events surrounding his person.

"According to the ADAC, the role of an FIA president who represents more than 100 million motorists worldwide should not be burdened by such an affair.

"Therefore, we ask the president to very carefully reconsider his role within the organisation.

"According to the ADAC, the appropriate FIA process has to take care of the matter.

"It is in the interests of this world organisation to carry on with its duties without the burden of this affair."

Yitzhak Milstein, president of the Automobile and Touring Club of Israel (MEMSI), described the Sunday tabloid story as "shocking."

"It is especially surprising for us in view of the fact that our contacts with Mr Mosley along the years have always been proper and correct, and never gave an indication of what the recent story in the press may reflect," added Milstein.

"Once the whole thing is clarified and there is a better idea on how true is the published story, we will make our conclusions known, and they will certainly match the severity of the matter."

Formula One supremo Bernie Ecclestone has maintained he is "happy" with Mosley, but insists his future is in his own hands.

Ecclestone, the most powerful man in world motorsport, said: "This is an FIA thing, this is nothing to do with anyone else.

"It doesn't affect us in any shape or form. It's not what I think, it's what other people think.

"I'm happy with Max, I don't have any problems at all with Max.

"Max will know what he needs to do, he is the president of the FIA, he is the one who will decide what goes on in the FIA, not me."

Three-times Formula One world champion Sir Jackie Stewart has also called on Mosley to quit, insisting his position is "untenable."

Stewart's comments are unsurprising given the animosity that lingers between himself and Mosley, who at one point last year described the Scot as "a certified half-wit."

But in lending his weight to the furore raging around Mosley, Stewart said: "For a head of a global federation it is simply not possible to keep his position.

"It is not only bad for motorsport in general, but also bad for the whole motorsport industry.

"We have a world of different cultures and you cannot accept such things to happen.

"I don't think a head of a federation can survive such a thing and simply just keep his position.

"It is now up to the FIA and to Mosley himself. He has to do the right thing for the sport now.

"If he would be in a commercial company he would already be gone."

Britain's own motoring organisation, the MSA (Motor Sports Association) are so far refusing to be drawn into the debate.

Alan Gow, who is chairman of the MSA, is the man who would attend the assembly hearing, potentially with chief executive Colin Hilton.

However, an MSA spokesperson said: "We are simply maintaining a watching brief at this stage to see how things develop."

Reuters
Eurosport - Fri, 04 Apr 22:17:00 2008
Embattled FIA president Max Mosley has come out fighting by starting a legal battle with the Sunday tabloid that published a lurid story about his private life.

More StoriesADAC asks Mosley to consider his position
Shocking revelations emerged in last weekend's News of the World that have this week placed Mosley's position as one of most powerful men in motorsport under severe threat.

Although Mosley subsequently apologised to all facets of the FIA for any embarrassment caused, he cited "a covert investigation" to discredit him had been undertaken.

The newspaper printed allegations there was a Nazi connotation to the sex scandal, a claim the 67-year-old Mosley insisted was "entirely false".

Now he is determined to pursue the matter through the courts, with a statement confirming: "Lawyers representing Mr Mosley have today served proceedings against the News of the World claiming unlimited damages."

Mosley, though, appears to be facing a greater battle to save his job than he perhaps first anticipated.

Earlier this week, Mosley stated he had received a large number of messages of sympathy and support from within the FIA and the motor sport and motoring communities.

But over the past few days, a groundswell of negativity has slowly started to rise against him, with calls growing by the day for him to resign.

It is almost certain that regardless of the furore enveloping him, Mosley will resolutely stand firm until his fate is decided at an extraordinary general assembly of the FIA later this month.

The assembly comprises 222 national motoring organisations in 130 countries, and it is in their hands Mosley's fate rests.

And if the Dutch, German and Israeli motoring organisations are an indicator of the general feeling around the world, then Mosley's 15-year reign is approaching the end.

The Dutch motorsport federation, KNAF, have confirmed they will vote against Mosley at the meeting likely to take place in Paris.

"Because of his high-profile position, this can't be accepted," said KNAF president Arie Ruitenbeek of the lurid story that came to light in the News of the World.

"I have not received my invitation yet (to the FIA meeting), but we will go and vote for him to resign."

The ADAC (Allgemeiner Deutscher Automobil-Club) have asked Mosley to "very carefully reconsider his role."

Their statement read: "In a letter to FIA president Max Mosley, the ADAC has distanced itself from events surrounding his person.

"According to the ADAC, the role of an FIA president who represents more than 100 million motorists worldwide should not be burdened by such an affair.

"Therefore, we ask the president to very carefully reconsider his role within the organisation.

"According to the ADAC, the appropriate FIA process has to take care of the matter.

"It is in the interests of this world organisation to carry on with its duties without the burden of this affair."

Yitzhak Milstein, president of the Automobile and Touring Club of Israel (MEMSI), described the Sunday tabloid story as "shocking."

"It is especially surprising for us in view of the fact that our contacts with Mr Mosley along the years have always been proper and correct, and never gave an indication of what the recent story in the press may reflect," added Milstein.

"Once the whole thing is clarified and there is a better idea on how true is the published story, we will make our conclusions known, and they will certainly match the severity of the matter."

Formula One supremo Bernie Ecclestone has maintained he is "happy" with Mosley, but insists his future is in his own hands.

Ecclestone, the most powerful man in world motorsport, said: "This is an FIA thing, this is nothing to do with anyone else.

"It doesn't affect us in any shape or form. It's not what I think, it's what other people think.

"I'm happy with Max, I don't have any problems at all with Max.

"Max will know what he needs to do, he is the president of the FIA, he is the one who will decide what goes on in the FIA, not me."

Three-times Formula One world champion Sir Jackie Stewart has also called on Mosley to quit, insisting his position is "untenable."

Stewart's comments are unsurprising given the animosity that lingers between himself and Mosley, who at one point last year described the Scot as "a certified half-wit."

But in lending his weight to the furore raging around Mosley, Stewart said: "For a head of a global federation it is simply not possible to keep his position.

"It is not only bad for motorsport in general, but also bad for the whole motorsport industry.

"We have a world of different cultures and you cannot accept such things to happen.

"I don't think a head of a federation can survive such a thing and simply just keep his position.

"It is now up to the FIA and to Mosley himself. He has to do the right thing for the sport now.

"If he would be in a commercial company he would already be gone."

Britain's own motoring organisation, the MSA (Motor Sports Association) are so far refusing to be drawn into the debate.

Alan Gow, who is chairman of the MSA, is the man who would attend the assembly hearing, potentially with chief executive Colin Hilton.

However, an MSA spokesperson said: "We are simply maintaining a watching brief at this stage to see how things develop."

Reuters
post #23 of 86 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 03:46 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Dec 2007
Vehicle: Vito 120
Quote:
Max insists he's done 'nothing wrong'
Saturday 5th April 2008

Max Mosley insists he is the "victim of a disgusting conspiracy" and has done "nothing wrong" despite what a Sunday tabloid claims.

Less than 24 hours after announcing he is suing the News of the World newspaper for invading his privacy and putting "entirely false" connotations onto the sex scandal, Mosley has responded to calls for him to step down as FIA President.

In a letter to the German motoring federation ADAC, who on Friday urged him to "reconsider" his role as president, Mosley stated he would do nothing of a sort as he had done "nothing wrong."

"Had I been caught driving excessively fast on a public road or over the alcohol limit (even in, say, Sweden where it is very low) I should have resigned the same day," Mosley said in the letter, a copy of which was obtained by Autosport.

"As it is, a scandal paper obtained by illegal means pictures of something I did in private which, although unacceptable to some people, was harmless and completely legal.

"Many people do things in their bedrooms or have personal habits which others find repugnant. But as long as they keep them private, nobody objects.

"The offence seems to be not what I did but the fact that it became public. But I played no role in this, indeed I did my utmost to ensure it remained private. I was the victim of a disgusting conspiracy.

"It goes without saying that the so-called Nazi element is pure fabrication. This will become crystal clear when the matter comes to trial. The newspaper invented this in order to spice up their story and introduce my family background.

"In short, I think I have done nothing wrong and that the wrong was done by the newspaper. That is why I am suing them.

"I don't think any of this should affect my work on motoring safety, the environment or the sport. I believe that 21st century adults do not worry about private sexual matters as long as they are legal and harmless."

He added: "I shall put this view to the Assembly in due course."
Max is gonna fight till the bitter end, he's incapable of relinquishing power. Resign and put the sport before yourself? no way, not when you can drag the whole shown down.

Messerschmitt-Benz Me120 CDI Panel Van
post #24 of 86 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 03:49 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: 01 SLK 320 MT6
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyben View Post
"I don't think any of this should affect my work on motoring safety, the environment or the sport. I believe that 21st century adults do not worry about private sexual matters as long as they are legal and harmless."
I just see a new campaign "Drive safely or Max will spank you "

Kirill
post #25 of 86 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 04:07 PM
BenzWorld Elite

more on Mad Max:
SportsPro: Sport's money magazine

In 2004 Purnell persuaded Mosley to make a change in the Formula One engine regulations from V10 3-litre engines to V8 2.4-litre engines. It was a move opposed by everyone. The motor manufacturers, led by BMW’s Mario Theissen, flatly refused to go along with it. But with the help of Richard Woods, Mosley threatened BMW that he would interfere with the crash test ratings of its new BMW 5-series model. The NCap crash test programme was run by an FIA affiliate. The BMW 5-series had had an unfortunate test and not gained the required four stars due to a technicality. The car was due to be re-tested. Mosley told Theissen that unless he backed his engine proposals the BMW would only get three stars. That would have cost the German car company billions of dollars in lost sales. Theissen was forced to go along with it and opposition to the new V8 engine evaporated. The unspoken of incident showed just how ruthless the pairing of Mosley and Woods could be. One insider said: “It became evident then that nothing was too grubby for them.”

Kirill
post #26 of 86 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 02:24 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Dec 2007
Vehicle: Vito 120
news of the world do it again:

My Nazi orgy with F1 boss Max Mosley
Exclusive: Mosley hooker tells all

Messerschmitt-Benz Me120 CDI Panel Van
post #27 of 86 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 09:06 AM
CH4S Artist

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 956 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
I changed my mind. This is probably Max Mosley's swan song, adios.
post #28 of 86 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 02:25 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Last September, the FIA World Motor Sport Council judged the McLaren team, based on the existence of a number of text messages and phone calls that were supposed to indicate McLaren guilt.

The right to use that information was challenged by McLaren on the basis it was not acquired legally.

But Mosley insisted: "The World Council's only concern is whether that list is accurate and truthful.

"We're not concerned with whether there are issues over how that is obtained. Unless there is evidence it is forged or inaccurate, we will take it on its face value."

News of the world is sending DVDs with copy of Max's video to FIA senate

Sport: Tape that

Copies will also be available on request to ALL of the 222 national motoring organisations in 130 countries, who Mosley represents.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I guess you can call AAA and ask to include Max's DVD with your package of maps

Kirill

Last edited by Kirill; 04-06-2008 at 02:28 PM.
post #29 of 86 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
SSL
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Jul 2005
Vehicle: R107 300SL; 1990 500SL (R129);2001 R170 230SLK
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
^^^^^

The UK press are reporting that the AAA has called on Mosley to resign.
post #30 of 86 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 03:24 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSL View Post
^^^^^

The UK press are reporting that the AAA has called on Mosley to resign.
I guess only Italian Automotive club will ask him to stay due to his special relationship with Ferrari.

Kirill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Mercedes-Benz Motorsports & Racing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in