Hamilton could be thrown out of next year's world championship - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 12:55 PM
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: W215-CL500, W208-CLK320, W140-300SE
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Chicken Chumpion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergzy View Post
while i think that fernando is a cry baby...he was the reigning world champion going into the 2007 season. THAT in itself should have team support which includes a ROOKIE team mate to play the critical role in on-track/pit stop strategy.

hamilton, to me, displays zero team player behavior. yes, he is definitely a talented driver...but so is massa. to me, he is the ultimate team driver. he takes orders like he is suppose to. he doesnt 'pretend' to be a nice guy and then go subvert his team mate.

as the reigning champion, fernando showed 'some' poise throughout this very frustrating season for him. i can see why he felt that he wasnt get team support. what 'might' have been his downfall was to publicly 'question' the support crews commitment to his winning another championship...that sounded 'selfish' to me.

then as i watched the season end, with the question IF fernando was going to stay with mercedes, the commentator said that HAMILTON will not race with fernando. sorry, that is VERY disrespectful to say about the REIGNING world champion.

he may win most of the F1 world with his svelte english accent, his practiced smile and self imposed false sense of composure...but, imo, he is a fake...an incredible driver...but nonetheless, a fake. he will most likely go on to win a world championship(s) but winning without honor, to me, isnt really winning. just ask barry bonds!

Sounds like you don't know what you are talking about, except for Alonso being selfish, you speak nonsense, not good sense. Falonso WAS champ, now and in '07 he was/is a competitor like ALL other drivers. No free rides! Calling LH fake. Bollocks! He is the REAL deal in case you haven't noticed! Tough times don't last, tough people do! Lewis has been a winner most of his sporting life. He demonstrated skill and talent and confidence to state to Ron Dennis that he would like to race for Macca one day and lo and behold he does it! Winners compete to win and only win, and will rule out any sandbagging so some whinging spoilsport can have an easy go! Alonso is a bitch!
Get real and maybe go and compete in something other than giving your opinion on what constitutes honorable behaviour. Where is the honor in running from a rookie who happens to be faster than you? Where is the honor in asking a team to sanction the rookie and then attempt to blackmail the team if they don't stoop as low as you? Alonso is so low, he could crawl under a snake with a top hat on! Talk about subversive behaviour! He's not just a bitch, he's a scandalous bitch! There is no honor left for THAT fake! Those were the actions of an ignoble and unhappy paper chump. When the going got tough, Falonso ran away like a chicken sh*t mofo! Team behaviour??? Oh yea, that's good teamwork. NOT! LOL
Falonso will be a footnote in the history that Lewis Hamilton will and has made as the BEST rookie EVER in the history of F1 to date! THAT is an HONOR that not even the haters can take away!

BTW...I see the phenomenal LH has also put the smack down on Schumacher and Kimi in Spain this week. Too bad for the paper chump FA. Renault was down in 7th and beyond. What a moron to have been so petulant and leave Macca when faced with REAL competition. Yea, that's the chumpion of chicken sh*t losers. An honor Falonso deserves!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 09:49 PM
CH4S Artist

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 958 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
In this a bit inane argument, I wonder who has the more reliable crystal ball to make predictions.
BTW, for Schumacher's one day outing in a car he had never driven before, his times were very good.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 12:48 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Dec 2007
Vehicle: Current: 2006 S350 and 2008 GL 450. Previous Benz's: 2001 CLK 320 and 2006 E350
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifari View Post
Sounds like you don't know what you are talking about, except for Alonso being selfish, you speak nonsense, not good sense. Falonso WAS champ, now and in '07 he was/is a competitor like ALL other drivers. No free rides! Calling LH fake. Bollocks! He is the REAL deal in case you haven't noticed! Tough times don't last, tough people do! Lewis has been a winner most of his sporting life. He demonstrated skill and talent and confidence to state to Ron Dennis that he would like to race for Macca one day and lo and behold he does it! Winners compete to win and only win, and will rule out any sandbagging so some whinging spoilsport can have an easy go! Alonso is a bitch!
Get real and maybe go and compete in something other than giving your opinion on what constitutes honorable behaviour. Where is the honor in running from a rookie who happens to be faster than you? Where is the honor in asking a team to sanction the rookie and then attempt to blackmail the team if they don't stoop as low as you? Alonso is so low, he could crawl under a snake with a top hat on! Talk about subversive behaviour! He's not just a bitch, he's a scandalous bitch! There is no honor left for THAT fake! Those were the actions of an ignoble and unhappy paper chump. When the going got tough, Falonso ran away like a chicken sh*t mofo! Team behaviour??? Oh yea, that's good teamwork. NOT! LOL
Falonso will be a footnote in the history that Lewis Hamilton will and has made as the BEST rookie EVER in the history of F1 to date! THAT is an HONOR that not even the haters can take away!

BTW...I see the phenomenal LH has also put the smack down on Schumacher and Kimi in Spain this week. Too bad for the paper chump FA. Renault was down in 7th and beyond. What a moron to have been so petulant and leave Macca when faced with REAL competition. Yea, that's the chumpion of chicken sh*t losers. An honor Falonso deserves!

sounds like to me that you need to take a valium, prozac and some weird fish poison to calm down a little bit. it also sound like you are either ron dennis' under the 'hamiton' father spell or really just incredibly rabid about lewis (which is kind of weird).

though, there may not be much similarity...yes,i was a competitive cyclist in my younger years (did you ever compete anything on a high level btw?). as a domestique, i had definite team orders to support the leader, to give him whatever it takes to win the race. i really do not see any difference in formula 1 racing where there are two team cars. one great driver and one support driver. this is what it seems like to me.

as i can best recall the last race (perhaps), massa took great (supposed) team orders to slow down 'just' enough when coming out of the pits (and not make it so obvious to the race marshalls) to sneak behind kimi, so that kimi could get the points to win the championship. i knew it was going to happen, the commentators knew it was going to happen and the friends that i wake up at 4:30 am to watch the live feed knew it was going to happen. 'team' player. yes, i read that massa will give kimi a run for his money this year...but i am doubtful of that. massa is as incredible team player.

one thing that made me wonder about hamilton's intentions was during the press conference after qualifying (forget which race) in where alonso stopped in the pits what seemed longer than normal (hamilton in the back of him...stacking), alonso then takes off and hamiton loses pole because of the delay. when asked, alonso said he was receiving team orders to hold in the pits. hamilton made an incredibly HUGE display of leaning over to alonso to say 'yeah, what was that?' via body language. i didnt hear anything in f1 news about alonso going against team orders about that one (maybe i missed it) yet the marshalls decided to play team referee and penalize alonso. when did marshalls have jurisdiction about team strategy?

when hamilton was asked how much he lost pole by, he replied something like 'by the amount of time i was delayed in the pits'. boy, that is a guy full on board with the team. a real charmer.

where did i ever say that alonso deserves a free ride because he was the reigning world champ? no, i didnt. what was conveyed is that a world champ has earned respect as one who, well, is a world champion...esp the current one. one doesnt (i wouldnt anyway) disrespect the current world champion the way hamilton did. yes, a race is to be won by the best driver 'IN THEORY' but how many times have you seen team orders over rule the other driver for the 'team leader' to win? i dont know about you but i see almost every race.

'if' you decide to read a little about the sport you seem so passionate about...alonso is no longer with mercedes for one reason: hamilton does not want him on the team. wow, chalk another one up for those under the 'hamilton' spell. alonso is a cry baby? yeah, he is! i totally agree to that! but so is EVERY f1 driver out there. they are all prima donna's. they all complain and moan. that is what makes them great...because they love what they do.

as the 2008 season rolls out..i am going to be pretty enthus'ed on how mercedes will run when they supposedly have ridded their cars of ferrari technology.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 01:50 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 1989 Mercedes 560SL, 1989 Euro Mercedes 300SL, Volvo C70, 2004 Discovery, 1997 Mercedes SL500
I Agree with Teutone.The times represented by Shumacher were good considering.

I say bring back Schuey!!

I miss the days when he was in F1. When he won a race - you KNEW he won.

Thats my personal opinion.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 11:31 PM
CH4S Artist

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiorano View Post
I Agree with Teutone.The times represented by Shumacher were good considering.

I say bring back Schuey!!

I miss the days when he was in F1. When he won a race - you KNEW he won.

Thats my personal opinion.
Hello to the F-1 cafe on Jumeira Beach Rd., cool TV's.
My nephew did real well in the recent 24hr karting event.
BTW, Schumi was given one of the Dubai Waterfronts 'The Palm' Islands.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 12:07 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 1989 Mercedes 560SL, 1989 Euro Mercedes 300SL, Volvo C70, 2004 Discovery, 1997 Mercedes SL500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutone View Post
Hello to the F-1 cafe on Jumeira Beach Rd., cool TV's.
My nephew did real well in the recent 24hr karting event.
BTW, Schumi was given one of the Dubai Waterfronts 'The Palm' Islands.
So you've been here then

F1-Net Cafe is pretty good just to catch up on F1. I must admit, it was like a religion to me when MS was racing. My world came crashing when he retired

He's been gifted one of the man made islands in 'The World', he's bought some stuff on Jumeira Palm and now get this. . . . they are building 3 towers here. . . .Nikki Lauda Tower, Boris Becker Tower and Michael Scumacher Tower. Now that REALLY is cheesy! talk about cashing in

Did your nephew do the karting event at the Autodrome?
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 05:33 AM
CH4S Artist

Lifetime Premium Member
Yes, both my brother in law, and sister in law live in Dubai.
The towers sound like Mohammad Al Fahim's former chess city project.
Attached Images

post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-16-2008, 02:01 PM
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: W215-CL500, W208-CLK320, W140-300SE
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Angry Racing is for winners, whiners need not apply!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergzy View Post
sounds like to me that you need to take a valium, prozac and some weird fish poison to calm down a little bit. it also sound like you are either ron dennis' under the 'hamiton' father spell or really just incredibly rabid about lewis (which is kind of weird).

though, there may not be much similarity...yes,i was a competitive cyclist in my younger years (did you ever compete anything on a high level btw?). as a domestique, i had definite team orders to support the leader, to give him whatever it takes to win the race. i really do not see any difference in formula 1 racing where there are two team cars. one great driver and one support driver. this is what it seems like to me.

as i can best recall the last race (perhaps), massa took great (supposed) team orders to slow down 'just' enough when coming out of the pits (and not make it so obvious to the race marshalls) to sneak behind kimi, so that kimi could get the points to win the championship. i knew it was going to happen, the commentators knew it was going to happen and the friends that i wake up at 4:30 am to watch the live feed knew it was going to happen. 'team' player. yes, i read that massa will give kimi a run for his money this year...but i am doubtful of that. massa is as incredible team player.

one thing that made me wonder about hamilton's intentions was during the press conference after qualifying (forget which race) in where alonso stopped in the pits what seemed longer than normal (hamilton in the back of him...stacking), alonso then takes off and hamiton loses pole because of the delay. when asked, alonso said he was receiving team orders to hold in the pits. hamilton made an incredibly HUGE display of leaning over to alonso to say 'yeah, what was that?' via body language. i didnt hear anything in f1 news about alonso going against team orders about that one (maybe i missed it) yet the marshalls decided to play team referee and penalize alonso. when did marshalls have jurisdiction about team strategy?

when hamilton was asked how much he lost pole by, he replied something like 'by the amount of time i was delayed in the pits'. boy, that is a guy full on board with the team. a real charmer.

where did i ever say that alonso deserves a free ride because he was the reigning world champ? no, i didnt. what was conveyed is that a world champ has earned respect as one who, well, is a world champion...esp the current one. one doesnt (i wouldnt anyway) disrespect the current world champion the way hamilton did. yes, a race is to be won by the best driver 'IN THEORY' but how many times have you seen team orders over rule the other driver for the 'team leader' to win? i dont know about you but i see almost every race.

'if' you decide to read a little about the sport you seem so passionate about...alonso is no longer with mercedes for one reason: hamilton does not want him on the team. wow, chalk another one up for those under the 'hamilton' spell. alonso is a cry baby? yeah, he is! i totally agree to that! but so is EVERY f1 driver out there. they are all prima donna's. they all complain and moan. that is what makes them great...because they love what they do.

as the 2008 season rolls out..i am going to be pretty enthus'ed on how mercedes will run when they supposedly have ridded their cars of ferrari technology.

You need to take something to come out of that self delusional haze that you are living in. Obviously you are not too bright, so I will leave you with this. The hotter the battle,, the sweeter the victory!
I stand firm when faced with adversity. As a sportsman, the same holds true. Why compete if not to win? Sports history is full of ppl who went up against incredible odds and adversity to stun many who could not spot REAL talent.
I fought hard and often! In the ring and out of it! I played university football and could have played professional, but things change. These are the type of competitions that demand a high level of commitment and energy. Much like driving a race car(which I have also done and it wasn't easy as I am a big man) which has huge demands on the cardiovascular system, you will only know who is in 'condition' when the going gets tough. In fierce competition, after a time the body goes on 'auto' and the mind leads, then the body follows. The mind of a weakheart says 'let's get out of here' and runs away.

No serious sportsman would EVER want less than his opponents absolute best! Anything less is an insult! The weak heart has betrayed the essence of sport and the focused rival and spectators will have been denied a WORTHY performance.

Listen carefully now....WHAT YOU RESIST, PERSISTS!!!

Alonso is not with Macca because he is a whiny bitch!
Lewis has won and Ferrari has faltered. Get used to it!
When speaking of competitive athletics or sports, you should think of boxing or MMA or football as far better examples of raw athletic prowess. If you show up to any of these or similar events and are not prepared to compete fully, you WILL have your ass handed to you! Figuratively and literally!
Many ride a bike for fun or to warm up for REAL athletic competition. Don't confuse the two! Step into the arena with that BS view of yours and you will get KTFO! It won't be personal either, just the nature of the business and if you don't like it, do like Falonso and bite it!

Now, let me return to my celebration of a true competitor and WINNER!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Mercedes-Benz Motorsports & Racing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in