Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 958 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Chinese GP - Alonso slams McLaren again

Chinese GP - Alonso slams McLaren again
Eurosport - Sat, 06 Oct 17:27:00 2007

Fernando Alonso has blasted his McLaren team following a frustrating Chinese Grand Prix qualifying session that left him incensed with Ron Dennis' British operation.

More StoriesHamilton storms to last-gasp pole
So annoyed with his performance that landed him fourth on the grid was the 26-year-old Spaniard, that he was even reported to have broken a door in the McLaren motorhome.

And his mood had not improved later on, as he slammed the treatment he has received since joining McLaren from Renault, saying that all the work he has done on this year's car deserved a better response.

When asked about his treatment he said it was worthy of: "Not a double champion, but a normal person."

"I was expecting to have a lot more, all of us were. If you look in from the outside, the team had a different image: serious, but very professional. I came here after two titles and improved the car as much as possible.

"Last year they were fighting to make it into Q3 and this year they are going to win the championship, and the truth is that the treatment has not been very good."

Alonso's comments came less than 24 hours after team boss Ron Dennis issued a public condemnation of his employee for failing to back the teams up over claims that Lewis Hamilton was now being given preferential treatment.

"It's better to be silent than to lie, that's for sure," Alonso added. "And that's something he should do more often and I think the team would do better. Many of the scandals McLaren have been involved in off the track this year have been created by his things.

"Everybody has his own philosophy, he has his, and we all understand it."

"I have spoken a lot with (David) Coulthard, with (Juan Pablo) Montoya, with Kimi (Raikkonen), and they have all left the team and found a lot of happiness. There must be a reason [why they could not find it at McLaren]"

Alonso's latest outburst would appear to signal that he will leave McLaren at the end of the season.

His former team Renault have admitted that they have already given him a contract to sign, should he extract himself from his current three years deal with McLaren early.

When asked if he would do that though, Alonso was guarded.

"I don't know," he answered. "What happens next year is another matter. All I know is that I have a contract here and we will see next year. There are 10 teams that could be interested in me.

"I'm ready to do the best I can, to help the team, to have a good car and try to win races. But they ... things like what they say or do, or days like at Spa, or all the lies that they leak to the press, both British and German, to go against me.

"That, inside my own team...They must do something to improve the situation"

Jamie O'Leary / Eurosport
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 10:52 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: Bandwidth
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The only thing not going well for Alonso-Cry-Baby is Hamilton's splendid performance as a rookie! Toughshit for Alonso! Learn how to be a true Champion from Hamilton!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 01:54 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2005
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutone View Post
"I'm ready to do the best I can, to help the team, to have a good car and try to win races.
Hmmm. "do the best I can to help the team" by:

- participating in the use of purloined competitor information?

- compromising my team mate's qualifying opportunity(s)?

- spilling my guts to the FIA about internal team actions

- whining about imagined or real inequities - as if being a two time WDC doesn't carry some responsibility with it?

- misrepresenting or blatantly lying to the press about conditions or actions of the team?

- saying you want the best for the team when IN FACT YOU CLEARLY DO NOT?

Is this guy kidding or what? Is there some kind of European cutural aspect to this that I am missing? There hasn't been a bigger embarassment as a WDC than Fernando "Bawl-on-so".

'89 300E
'90 300CE
'93 400E
'93 500E
'00 E320
'73 Alfa GTV
'77 308GTB

Last edited by tuttebenne; 10-10-2007 at 01:56 PM.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 02:15 PM Thread Starter
CH4S Artist

Date registered: Sep 2004
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
From hero to villain in five seconds or less.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 07:47 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: 87 300SL "Roadster" 86 420SEL "Limo" 89 420SEL The "New" Limo 87 190E 2.6 fact bodykit
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Thats exactly how he's gone for me.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Andrew

"That's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live forever"- Lemmy

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 01:54 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2013 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI, 2011 Mazda 2, 2000 E320 4Matic Wagon (retired),1994 C280 (retired)
Quote:
Its been longer than that. Alonso changed in a very noticeable way after winning his first WDC with Renault. I remember watching the driver's interviews after the races and wondering "who is this guy?" I'm not at all surprised that he's revealed himself to be such a self-centred prick. He's the type of guy that will take all the credit for team successes, and dump all the blame on other people when it comes to failures.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. He should pay attention to Raikkonnen. He has never once publicly complained about not being the designated #1 driver on a team that has shown more favouritism to their #1 than any other team in history. He just drove the damn car.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
CH4S Artist

Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
I know it doesn't affect the outcome, but IMO Alonso doesn't deserve to be Champion.
Hamilton will most likely be the new World Champion, unless the two MacLaren manage to take each other out, a la Prost / Senna.
I think the Ferrari team's return to Italian drama has let their drivers down.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 05:18 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
I think the Ferrari team's return to Italian drama has let their drivers down.
Well, considering JT's position and all the rumours floating around about RB's return to take JT's position next year they had to have the drama to win the Constructor's Championship. JT is using the drama to save his position in Ferrari.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 05:38 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2004
Vehicle: W203 modified
Send a message via MSN to miroj Send a message via Skype™ to miroj
As Hamilton is the rookie we all forgive his public comments because he is not under this kind of pressure often in his previous driving experience. But Alonso should have known better.

Modz ... enjoy the difference. www.benzmodz.com
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
CH4S Artist

Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Ferrari needs to get Ross Brawn back with Jean Todt in place, plus some of the engineers that left after Michael's departure. Designer Rory Byrne extended his contract till early 2009. Until 2007, Ferrari hasn't had reliability issues for a long time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Mercedes-Benz Motorsports & Racing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in