post #21 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 12:39 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1991 Mercedes 300E
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to pyro_la
mclaren is screwed.

im willing to bet any money that mclaren will be excluded from the world championship this year. their points will be stripped. eccelstone and the fia are hard asses, and they are not going to give any lee way if they dont want to. look at schumacher-villineuve incident in 97, schumacher was stripped of all his points in the final races of the season for cutting off villeneuve on the second last race. at the end of the day mclaren was in possesion of classified ferrari documents and there is not way to prove that the team did not use them or knew of their existance. its a shame, but i think mclaren are going to pay a high price for this also because the fia wants to set an example for the rest of f1 too see.

the best thing for mclaren to have done is come forth to the fia as soon as they got these documents then they would have had a chance, now there screwed, they even admitted that senior team officials knew about their possesion and told chouglan to get rid of them, they should have confessed right then and there. i wouldend be surprised if ron dennis himself knew about the papers himself.

also one other thing, isint it interesting how it seemed that mclaren always just seemed to have an upper hand most of the season, now all of a sudden since this case emerged mclaren just cant seem to match ferraris performance. which is close to a 1 sec. advantage i might add. funny coincidence no?

check out Formula 1 : F1 Live, with F1-Live.com they have all the info on this spy case updated several times a day.

its a shame, because im a ferrari fan myself, and i dont want the championship to end like this, it would have been great to see how this one played out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 08:02 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: Black 560 SEC AMG, White 560 SEC Carat (RIP 09) , 300E
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
i think bernie wouldnt want mclaren to be disqualified, after all he just looks after the business interests of the sport, if anything he'd use all his powers to stop that from happening...however max mosely and the fia are a bunch of arrogant cunts, remember the farce at indy?

as performance wise i think ferrari just caught upto them...the mclaren mechanics and drivers aren't affected by this as much as dennis and whitmarsh...

imo this saga's gone WAY over the top...it's only motor racing, it's not world domination or treason...
post #23 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 10:14 PM
CH4S Artist

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 956 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Perhaps, we might see the docking of points?
If other members of the MacLaren team are involved in this, I wouldn't be surprised to find the involvement of part owner and founding MacLaren money man / investor Mansour Ojeh.
Beside owning many businesses, including the Tag Heuer watch company, TAG industries etc., all his money comes from being a major Middle Eastern arms dealer and bag man for the Saudi's out of his Luxembourg headquarters.

Akram Ojjeh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Techniques_d'Avant_Garde
post #24 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 10:23 PM
CH4S Artist

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 956 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Hamilton backs McLaren to weather F1 spy storm

Hamilton backs McLaren to weather F1 spy storm
Thu 19 Jul, 06:31 PM

NUERBURGRING, Germany (Reuters) - Championship leader Lewis Hamilton backed McLaren on Thursday to emerge unscathed from a spy controversy that threatens his Formula One title hopes.

The 22-year-old British rookie sounded more concerned with beating a bout of 'flu than the prospect of his team being punished by the sport's governing body at a meeting in Paris next Thursday.

"I've only been with the team for a year but I have known (team boss) Ron (Dennis) for nine years now and this (cheating) is something that Ron would never do," he told reporters at the European Grand Prix.

"That's why I have such great belief in the team.

"I do feel they are one of the most honest teams out there. There are always teams trying to bend the rules in some way but I honestly believe we are the most honest. I think we will be fine," added Hamilton.

McLaren have been summoned by the International Automobile Federation to answer charges of unauthorised possession of Ferrari technical information found at the home of chief designer Mike Coughlan.

Should the Mercedes-powered team be found guilty of fraudulent conduct, they could be docked points or even kicked out of the world championship. They are 25 points ahead of Ferrari.

McLaren say nobody at McLaren was aware before July 3 that the now-suspended Coughlan had Ferrari data and none of the information had been used in making the team's cars.

Hamilton, who leads double world champion team mate Fernando Alonso by 25 points at the halfway stage of the season, said the saga would not throw him off his stride.

"I have a huge amount of belief in the team, I'm very, very confident it (the hearing) is going to go well so it is not really playing on my mind at all," he said.

"I've not spoken to anyone about it and it's not something I need to focus on. I have a job to do this weekend."

Hamilton, the first black driver to win a grand prix, has been on the podium in all his nine races to date and could become only the third driver to string together 10 successive podium finishes.

He cautioned however that the second half of the season demanded a different approach from the first and recognised that he was everybody's target as leader.

"It gets harder and harder to continue with the performance that you've had and the consistency you have had," he said.

"In the first few races, you just go out and push to the limit and it's so close to the limit that you could easily come off and lose the race. I am not going to put the team points or my points at risk (now).

"But we still want to win and will do everything we can to win, just as always," added Hamilton.

"There's not a limit but we've got to bear in mind that we need the points. It's not about trying to win at the first corner."
post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 02:29 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2007
Vehicle: 1991 R129 500SL
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklesam
i hope this wont fuck up the championship, if the fia disqualify mclaren i'm never watching f1 ever again
I share the same feeling, piclesam. Maybe we sjhould consider shifting to DTM, only problem is if they regularly show the races on TV.
post #26 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 07:28 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

at a minimum they will be docked points but disqualification is my bet.

1. mclaren Senior officials admittedly new of the documents existance.
- breach of fia rulebook stand alone expulsion

2. mclaren did not come forward onc knowing about their existance
-another breach of the rulebook

3. now it is rumered that stephany was paid by someone at Mclaren. it is unknown if for the pages, or for a tipoff of the famous Ferrari Moving floor during and just after the Austrailian Grand prix

this really looks bad for mclaren, and you have to remember, we only know minimal about this, its only the tip of the ice burg, and there is probably plenty more that ferrari are not sharing with the public. if it looks this bad from what we know, i can only imagine what the whole picture looks like.

as for bernie not doing much, dont count on it, as he was personally responsible for schumachers points deduction in 1997, he is as much a prick as mosley and the fia, and you can sure bet hes going to want to make an example from all this. if you look at the facts and are honest with your self, mclaren does deserve penalty and that just could mean disqualification.
post #27 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 07:58 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicky
I share the same feeling, piclesam. Maybe we sjhould consider shifting to DTM, only problem is if they regularly show the races on TV.
we dont get DTM in my country , i'm switching to bikes if anything happens...i purposely did not follow the motogp this year so i can dedicate to f1...
post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 08:07 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro_la
if you look at the facts and are honest with your self, mclaren does deserve penalty and that just could mean disqualification.
hi pyro, yeah if a court find them guilty than mclaren's def screwed...BUT does anyone involved in this deserve jail time? i personally think not...a fine yes but jail too harsh a punishment...like i've said b4 it's only sport...it's like the manslaughter charges against the williams team after senna's death..that was ridiculous...people take f1 too seriouly sometimes...esp today since its all business...if this happened 30 years ago would anybody give a crap?
post #29 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 09:04 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: 01 SLK 320 MT6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro_la
at a minimum they will be docked points but disqualification is my bet.

1. mclaren Senior officials admittedly new of the documents existance.
- breach of fia rulebook stand alone expulsion

2. mclaren did not come forward onc knowing about their existance
-another breach of the rulebook

3. now it is rumered that stephany was paid by someone at Mclaren. it is unknown if for the pages, or for a tipoff of the famous Ferrari Moving floor during and just after the Austrailian Grand prix

this really looks bad for mclaren, and you have to remember, we only know minimal about this, its only the tip of the ice burg, and there is probably plenty more that ferrari are not sharing with the public. if it looks this bad from what we know, i can only imagine what the whole picture looks like.

as for bernie not doing much, dont count on it, as he was personally responsible for schumachers points deduction in 1997, he is as much a prick as mosley and the fia, and you can sure bet hes going to want to make an example from all this. if you look at the facts and are honest with your self, mclaren does deserve penalty and that just could mean disqualification.
McLaren Officials knowing about this and couglan getting paid so far nothing more than papers trying to come up with something to sell more copies.

Kirill
post #30 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 11:02 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

coughlan admitted in his sworn affidavid that he let top senior mclaren personel know anout the documents. that was a legal document, so i doubt he was lying. and you can sure as hell bet ron dennis knew about the documents even if he wanted nothing to do with them, as there is nothing that happens in that team that he dosent know about. just like todt with ferrari.

as for jail time no i dont think any of that will happen, the worst thing that will happen to mclaren is expulsion from this years world championship or point deductions. as for stephaney from ferrari, he does stand to serve jailtime if things dont go well in court, i think i read anywhere from 3-5 years.

and it was suposidly stephaney who got paid by mclaren or coughlan, not the other way round. italian investigators going through stephanys back records found discrepenceys.

Last edited by pyro_la; 07-20-2007 at 11:10 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Mercedes-Benz Motorsports & Racing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in