Intresting article on MS retirement and Kimi's move to Ferrari - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007, 11:11 PM
CH4S Artist

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 960 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro_la
reports of a schumacher team have been floating around for months, but they are all untrue, according to schumacher himself and his people. even todt weighed in on this gossip, and he made a good point , one of the main reasons MS retired is because it did not want to deal with all the stress and pressure in formula 1, he wanted to start ejoying his life and relaxing, why would he want to start with all that again, if he wanted a major position in F1 he would have stayed as a driver, something that he proved he was exceptional at time and time again, and might i say i still believe is the best driver out there, and yes better than Alonso...
Hey, what's a bit of wishful thinking among friends?
I may need to dust off my chrystal ball.
And I agree, Schumi could probably have made it number eight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-27-2007, 01:29 AM
SSL
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Jul 2005
Vehicle: R107 300SL; 1990 500SL (R129);2001 R170 230SLK
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro_la
reports of a schumacher team have been floating around for months, but they are all untrue, according to schumacher himself and his people. even todt weighed in on this gossip, and he made a good point , one of the main reasons MS retired is because it did not want to deal with all the stress and pressure in formula 1, he wanted to start ejoying his life and relaxing, why would he want to start with all that again, if he wanted a major position in F1 he would have stayed as a driver, something that he proved he was exceptional at time and time again, and might i say i still believe is the best driver out there, and yes better than Alonso...
Ah yes but he couldn`t stay as a driver with Ferrari in the manner that he had been used to..... Kimi would not have joined Ferrari to play second fiddle. As has been discussed Michael was outflanked by the Ferrari President.

Schumacher`s manager Willi Weber is reported as saying that it is an option. If it wasn`t at least on for consideration I think he would have flatly denied it.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-27-2007, 12:05 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1991 Mercedes 300E
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to pyro_la
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSL
Ah yes but he couldn`t stay as a driver with Ferrari in the manner that he had been used to..... Kimi would not have joined Ferrari to play second fiddle. As has been discussed Michael was outflanked by the Ferrari President.

Schumacher`s manager Willi Weber is reported as saying that it is an option. If it wasn`t at least on for consideration I think he would have flatly denied it.

if MS stayed at ferrari kimi would have gone to renault, there was a clause in his contract stating that he would only move to ferrari assuming MS retirered. as for the schumacher dream team its an interesting idea, but as schmacher himself and weber denied it i dont this it will happen, plus schumacher is a driver not a team manager, i dont think he will excell at that, and if he wanted a role it F1 he would stayed a driver on the best team, i think hes done with f1 for good, and we will be seeing him less and less as the years go on.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 12:29 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Oct 2004
Vehicle: 1990 SEC
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutone
It's not a takeover, but an increase of Porsche shares in VW.
Seen as a precautionary measure to ward off an unfriendly takeover.
There have always been close ties between the two companies.
Ferdinand Porsche designed the first Volkswagen, and former VW CEO Ferdinand Piech is still board overseer and also happens to be Porsche's grandson. Piech owns 13% of Porsche, but the company statutes exclude any family member from the management of the family business.
Porsche's bid for VW was mandated by the German takeover laws. Once Porsche took their stake in VW over 30% they had to make a bid for the entire company.

It was clearly not a serious bid as the price Porsche offered was more than 10% BELOW the current price of VW shares.

Regards,
Axel

1990 SEC, Arctic White w/gray interior, M119.960 326 Hp. engine from 1992 500 SL, 722.370 transmission from 500E (reinforced clutches), 2:82 Differential, Euro Headlamps, 1st Gear Start module, One-Touch Window module and Keyless Entry module all from BergWerks, Bilstein HD Shocks on front axle, H&R lowering springs front and rear, AMG 3-piece 17" rims, 8.5" in the front and 10" at the rear.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Mercedes-Benz Motorsports & Racing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in