CH4S Artist

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 955 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Brazil GP

An exuberant Felipe Massa in first after a great drive, Fernando Alonso in second and winning his second consecutive World Championship, Jenson Button put in an outstanding effort to finish third from having started in 14th position. In his last drive, an unlucky Schumacher had to start from 10th, stormed through the field, tangled with Fisichella for fifth and had to limp to the boxes with a punctured rear tire. From now 70 seconds behind and almost being lapped by race leader Massa, he put in a tour de force drive to finish only 5 seconds behind Alonso in fourth. The pass on Raikkonen was something else. Without the late caution (yellow) he might have been able to challenge for third and a podium. What a great final drive. I am repeating myself, but I still wish we could have seen Schumacher and Raikkonen with equal status in 2007.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 03:39 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
While the readers of this forum are not the ones that need to read it, I wish those who think F1 is just parade laps would have seen this race. Very good from start to finish.

While glad to see Button get a podium, I think that a Massa, Alonza, Schumacher podium would have been icing on the cake for such a nice race. Seeing Massa win before his home fans, Alonso celebrate his 2nd Championship and Schumacher go out on podium would have just looked right.

As it was, I think Alonso had a very good, yet bittersweet moment, when realizing that all that has been great for him came to an end [or at least a hard stumble] today.

All in all a very good race with excellent racing and everything a fan could want [except my TV IR went out]. What are those manual buttons? and unplugging the TV to turn it off just is not right.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 04:03 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Apr 2006
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
All in all, a good season. Big changes are in the wind for next year however. A few points to ponder: Why hasnt Briatore dumped Fisi, Why cant Toyota win with the budget they have, And last but not least, Why is Button still here????

One more thought. Next year, we shall see if Kimi has what it takes. The Merc was a pig. (It sucks to have to say that)
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 08:54 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff1
All in all, a good season. Big changes are in the wind for next year however. A few points to ponder: Why hasnt Briatore dumped Fisi, Why cant Toyota win with the budget they have, And last but not least, Why is Button still here????

One more thought. Next year, we shall see if Kimi has what it takes. The Merc was a pig. (It sucks to have to say that)
It will be good to see if Kimi has the stuff to match Ferrari and Massa.

Also, I think Button is still around because he was consistant. He did finish FIFTH in the Driver's Championship with one win, three podiums and 56 points. With the exception of the five races in the middle of the season where he did not finish in the points, he had a very good season.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
CH4S Artist

Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff1

Flavio imitating Red Bull?
Attached Images

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 10:54 PM Thread Starter
CH4S Artist

Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
In retrospect, I enjoyed Schumachers drive through the field more than another lone drive leading the field. Reaching the podium would have been the icing on the cake.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 06:53 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: 87 300SL "Roadster" 86 420SEL "Limo" 89 420SEL The "New" Limo 87 190E 2.6 fact bodykit
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutone
I am repeating myself, but I still wish we could have seen Schumacher and Raikkonen with equal status in 2007.
That would be interesting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutone
In retrospect, I enjoyed Schumachers drive through the field more than another lone drive leading the field. Reaching the podium would have been the icing on the cake.
I got up at 2.40AM to watch this race.

It was certainly well worth it.

Andrew

"That's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live forever"- Lemmy

Last edited by A&L's300SL; 10-23-2006 at 06:57 AM.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
CH4S Artist

Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
For a Schumacher Raikkonen pairing at Ferrari i 2007, Shell and Marlboro (last year of tobacco advertising) had reportedly offered to pay both Michael's and Kimi's salaries in the neighborhood of US $ 70 Mio.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 01:08 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: 01 SLK 320 MT6
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Great race, as SpeedTV commentators said - each pass may be worth 500 passes in Nascar.

Sad to see MS go, sad to to see Kimi switching to Ferrari - i know it's good for him, but I own Mercedes and my favorite driver is in Ferrari - who am i supposed to pull for ?

18 March 2007 - Season opener in Melbourne - can't wait.

Kirill

Last edited by Kirill; 10-23-2006 at 01:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Mercedes-Benz Motorsports & Racing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in