post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: 2003 S430 Sport Edition
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
DTM Going to Barcelona Spain

DTM has chosen a new country Spain - City Barcelona this will be the 16th country which will host a DTM Race/Events. See what MB Drives has to say about racing in Barcelona.

Bernd Schneider (Vodafone AMG-Mercedes C-Class): “I look forward to Barcelona, and I hope that many fans will be excited to watch the DTM and come to see the race. When we tested here I liked the circuit and with only ten kilograms more than the Audis we should have a good chance to succeed. My target is to extend my championship lead.”

Bruno Spengler (DaimlerChrysler Bank AMG-Mercedes): “Like in Zandvoort, it is often windy in Barcelona and that means, that it is difficult to find a good set-up. When we tested here we found out that something that worked well in the morning doesn't always work as well in the afternoon after conditions changed.”

Stefan Mücke (TV Spielfilm AMG-Mercedes)Stefan Mücke (TV Spielfilm AMG-Mercedes): “I didn’t attend the spring test and therefore I am very keen to drive on this track. I heard it’s a lot of fun to drive there, and I want to repeat my good performances of the last races and to continue our upward trend.”

Jamie Green (Salzgitter AMG-Mercedes): “I’m looking forward to Barcelona. The short version of the track will be new for everyone. Here I want to end up at the top not only in qualifying but also in the race.”

Daniel la Rosa (TrekStor AMG-Mercedes): “For me Barcelona is a new circuit and I tried to learn it with the computer. I think I will like the track, and I hope I will be able to resume my good performance from Zandvoort.”

Mika Häkkinen (AMG-Mercedes): “Barcelona is a high speed circuit and requires a lot of commitment from the driver in some corners which is great fun. I have great memories there by achieving three victories in F1, but DTM cars are not the same, and I look forward to the new challenge. After two unsatisfying results recently I want to reward my team with a top result for their hard work.”

Susie Stoddart (AutoScout24 AMG-Mercedes): “I had my very first DTM test drive in Barcelona, therefore I know the circuit a little bit already and I’m looking forward to be there again. After the very good result in Zandvoort I hope to be the top driver with a 2004 car in Barcelona again.”

Mathias Lauda (Second Hand AMG-Mercedes): “Barcelona is my residence, and therefore I look forward to particularly this race weekend. This will be my home race. I know the track pretty well and hope for a good qualifying result like in Zandvoort: If I can manage this, I should be able to achieve a positive result also in the race.”

Alexandros Margaritis (EasyRent AMG-Mercedes): “The last two races were disappointing. We had a good speed, but after being relegated in qualifying and due to the retirement in Zandvoort I was not able to achieve good results. If we finally will experience an uneventful weekend at Barcelona points should be possible.”

Jean Alesi (stern AMG-Mercedes)Jean Alesi (stern AMG-Mercedes): “I achieved three podium finishes at Barcelona in Formula One; therefore my memories of this track are not bad. At the Circuit de Catalunya tyre wear is pretty high that means a good pit stop strategy will be crucial for the race. With the experience our team has gained a good result should be possible.”

Norbert Haug, Vice President Mercedes-Benz Motorsport: “The DTM guest performance at Barcelona will be an ideal step to extend the series to the most important European markets. Of course, it will take some work to develop it. Five years ago, there were Formula One races taking place in Barcelona with only a few spectators. Today Spain has Fernando Alonso as a Formula One World Champion and in an international comparison, the Spanish Grand Prix achieves record spectator attendances. With its debut in Spain, the DTM seeks to entertain the spectators not only with a thrilling race, but also a unique and first class supporting programme. Therefore Pedro de la Rosa will drive his McLaren Mercedes Formula One car in front of his home crowd, after he has also driven prizewinners and guests around the circuit in the C-Class race taxi at racing speed. From a sporting dimension, the fight will certainly be a top class affair. Prior to the final three races, everything is open and only the results we will achieve will count rather than the ones we have achieved already. This is an incentive for everybody in our team.”

Eddie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 11:41 PM
CH4S Artist

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 956 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Great race track and a truly great city.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 01:36 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Jan 2004
Vehicle: 230 G BGS 300G TDI
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Circuit de Catalunya

To give it the correct name and it is a great circuit, but a long walk from Barcelonia.

4x4 Rancher
300D Turbo Intercooled
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Mercedes-Benz Motorsports & Racing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in