LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 06:07 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: May 2005
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Indiana F1 Race.

I think Montoya should be hanged and killed!!

That dude wrecked my whole evening.. I got my burger+fries+sprite ready for the race with the cousy A/C on and the mood all set for an exciting night!!

And he just crashed into KIMI! God damn MONTOYA.. I hate him!! I hated him when he used to be in Williams and now I hate him even more in MM..!!

And noo.... We couldn't see young Masa win the race.. Nono!!

But Fischella put up a good fight..!!! and ooh.. I think that there was something wrong with Alonso's ride.

But at the end of the day.. It got to be a boring race without Kimi.

The sound you will hear is the blood rushing to your right foot.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-03-2006, 12:58 AM
CH4S Artist

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 958 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
At least it was a step up from last years debacle. You ever get to check out the F-1 cafe in Dubai? Cool place to watch the races with many local and expat enthusiasts.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-05-2006, 12:04 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: 01 SLK 320 MT6
If Kimi will leave McLaren at end of this season - i rather see Vilneave partner Alonso than JPM to stay.

Kirill
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-05-2006, 04:40 PM
CH4S Artist

Lifetime Premium Member
Beside having to be fast, another factor in choosing a team mate to partner a proven top driver, might be their technical understanding/ability in setting up the car (or cars) with the engineers. A rating of the drivers for this ability would be interesting.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-05-2006, 11:42 PM
CH4S Artist

Lifetime Premium Member
The latest from pre race Indy. It has been reported, that Michelin very quietly withdrew the harder version of their tire from all the teams, because of appearing cracks.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-06-2006, 07:28 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutone
The latest from pre race Indy. It has been reported, that Michelin very quietly withdrew the harder version of their tire from all the teams, because of appearing cracks.
Where did you read this? I have been on BBC, ITV France and several other Euro sites and have not spotted it. It does not surprise me. The Renault cars seemed flat during part of the track. I noted that on one corner they were visibly slower on a very tight righthander. I assumed it was a downforce issue and they were set up for high speed but maybe not. We shall see next race in France.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-07-2006, 01:44 AM
CH4S Artist

Lifetime Premium Member
'New Indy saga nearly struck in 2006'

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
Where did you read this? I have been on BBC, ITV France and several other Euro sites and have not spotted it. It does not surprise me. The Renault cars seemed flat during part of the track. I noted that on one corner they were visibly slower on a very tight righthander. I assumed it was a downforce issue and they were set up for high speed but maybe not. We shall see next race in France.
My favorite sites are the official F-1 website www.formula1.com . The live timing you can sign up for is a cool feature. The other is http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/f1/ . It has the Wed. 05 Juli, 1:54PM report: 'New Indy saga nearly struck in 2006' (orig. from F-1-Live.com/ Auto Motor und Sport). Interesting article.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-08-2006, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutone
At least it was a step up from last years debacle. You ever get to check out the F-1 cafe in Dubai? Cool place to watch the races with many local and expat enthusiasts.
No I haven't...!But I'll check it out soon enough.

But we've got a Cafe called MOTOROX over here in Bahrain.. It's where we gather around most of the time..!! Motors TV is on 24/7 and some collection of DVDs are available if you ever get bored from Motors TV..The place is filled with posters with some of the best Bahraini rides and some autographed helmets by F1 drivers etc..and the food is mostly named after cars etc......and we've got a club called F1 as well.

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-08-2006, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
When will Michelin ever learn??!!?....Michelin will be out next season, is it true?

But what was wrong with Alonso's car?!? Was it just the tyres or any mechanical fault in the car? cuz it was obvious that the car wasn't running normally?

Well, Kimi will leave that's tough, I love that dude and well, MM will be getting Alonso.

Mostly likely Kimi has got a bunch of crappy technicians this year or something like that.. his car hasn't been running smoothly!!

Can't wait for the next race.

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-09-2006, 09:19 AM
CH4S Artist

Lifetime Premium Member
Most likely the tires. Also, Fisichella had the new improved engine, while it was Alonso's second race on the earlier stage engine. The difference can be anything up to30 hp, between the latest developement stage (15-20hp), and the usual detuning for the second race (apx. 10hp). After their Indy win, Ferrari reportedly increased the budget for the rest of the year. The heavily revised 248 also has an additional 20 hp, and just set a new Jerez track record. Spa should be an interesting race.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Mercedes-Benz Motorsports & Racing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in