DRIFTING Anyone?? - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-07-2005, 10:18 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Dec 2004
Vehicle: Mercedes W123
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Benz_200T Send a message via Yahoo to Benz_200T Send a message via Skype™ to Benz_200T
(Thread Starter)
DRIFTING Anyone??

Does Anyone Drifts Their Mercedes Benz??

Just asking....cos, maybe we have the same hobby....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-07-2005, 06:59 PM
worst mod in BW history

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
RE: DRIFTING Anyone??

Never got that whole drifting thing........What's the point?

post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-07-2005, 09:22 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: 2005 and 2006 C230s

It's brilliant fun, and just another thing to do with your car... Good luck drifting a Benz, the ESP in mine cuts in at even the slightest bit of rotation, even when disengaged.

Buy a Nissan 240, or a FCS RX7... You'll spend a hell of a lot less in parts, and you'll be a whole lot more successful. A buddy of mine used a $2500 91 240SX to finally drive his wife to give up all hope at sanity.
post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 02:01 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2004

http://www.mbnz.org/forums/forums/th...186695&posts=4

Sadly I've sold it now.[B)]
post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 07:32 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Sep 2005

hi. i'm building me a drift car from a 2.3 16v
any w201 with manual tranny and gas engine is wery suitable for drifting.
all though depending on your level of drifting you might need some extra power. and turbo charging is fearly easy and not too expencive way to produce enough power for it. i will post some pictures as my project goes on.
good luck with your drifting.
post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 07:10 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Dec 2004
Vehicle: Mercedes W123
Send a message via MSN to Benz_200T Send a message via Yahoo to Benz_200T Send a message via Skype™ to Benz_200T
(Thread Starter)

This is my car.....Drifting is fun and very challenging......Im Driving a Benz W123....i cant Drag...(too heavy)....Track...(not enought money)....The cheapest motorsport is Drifting....using secondhand tyres....
post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 07:04 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Oct 2003
Vehicle: '84 500SEC

I've drifted before, I will again. I'm not comfortable enough or good enough to do anything really showy, but I've managed the occasional 4 wheel slide at the local industrial park. Some on purpose even. V8 torque and plenty of momentum can lead to some long slides. But I've still got to get better at keeping my foot planted or the damn car behaves itself and straightens right out.

'84 500SEC Anthracite Gray
post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 09:17 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Aug 2004
Vehicle: 500 SE EURO!
Send a message via AIM to f1crazydriver

I have drifted with a 2001 GMC truck, 96 dodge van and my all time favorite 1988 Volvo Wagon turbo charged. I started drifting 5 years ago and I stopped because of my gf 3 years ago. It's a fun sport but dangerous. You have to learn to respect the car. I have drifted with my 1980 500SE Benz by accident once--it was one wild/sick ride I drifted that thing at about 80 mph UP a hill drizzling as I was racing a beef up RSX type S...I didn’t want to accept defeat so I did what I had to do and step it up a notch...that was about a year ago and I haven’t drifted since then. But I know I’m more then capable if I need to do it. Also a tip, if you want to start to drift do not do it with your benz, they are just to damn heavy, and theirs no hand break which in my opinion that’s the first way to learn. Once you can master the hand break at about 40mph move on. Practice in empty parking lots and try not to catch attention with the popos. Make sure theirs no cameras in the parking lot your drifting or security. Hmmm don’t think your bad ass and try to show off because sometimes it wont go as smooth and before you try high speed drifting and drifting in the rain in a ACTUAL road-even if you masterd the hand break respect the rain the first few times you drift in the rain. It’s a bit different drifting in the rain since it will be A LOT easier looking grip on the rear tyre’s. If you lose control do not panic and do no not slam on the breaks you will only get yourself in big trouble. Oh and most important do not try to drift on single lane roads near Mtns in the rain for your first time. Parking lots are your best friends.

post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-16-2005, 07:49 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: 2005 and 2006 C230s

Heavy car...

Again, just pick up a 180SX or 240SX, and then if you wad it up you're only out about $1500.

(Of course watching the D1GP guys total cars costing two, three hundred thousand is pretty entertaining, but they have roll cages for saftey)
post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 01:26 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Sep 2005
Vehicle: 87 300e/86 190e cos.
Send a message via AIM to TechyUnknown Send a message via Yahoo to TechyUnknown

I am in the process of building a 1986 Benz 190e Cosworth. I am planning on drifting and Autocross. I used to drag when i lived in FLorida, take a 240ZX and get sideways in the middle of nowhere. Fun as hell. Now i plan on doing it on a copeting level tho, finaly got the "okay you can do it" from the girlfriend, and the mother is excited about it "you are actually starting a hobby!?" funny shit.

Take care, MAtt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Mercedes-Benz Motorsports & Racing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in