post #1 of 138 (permalink) Old 07-10-2005, 09:19 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Jul 2005
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Supercharging 4.3 liter V8

I have a 2001 CLK430.
I am thinking about adding a supercharger.

I would love to get some feedback from others who have supercharged the 4.3 V8, what equipment they used and how it worked out for them.

Thanks for any experience, stories, advice.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 138 (permalink) Old 07-12-2005, 09:41 AM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Nov 2003
Vehicle: Slow benz
RE: Supercharging 4.3 liter V8

look for "lowphat" on the other forum. He has a kleemann supercharger. Josh R and Josh K have the HOP supercharger on their 430's

post #3 of 138 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 12:09 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Sep 2003
Vehicle: 111.010
A_R_T Supercharger?

Anybody ever research A_R_T??

Does House of Power (HOP) sell "kits" or are they a one-off custom shop? Do they have a website?

I am mainly bored today - not really serious about getting a SC at this point. Maybe for a future car I have my eyes on that is to slow in stock form.

Search first, ask second!
post #4 of 138 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 05:17 PM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Dec 2002

hmmmm... I was looking at the ART. A lot of their stuff is actually really nice, but I'll be damned if I can find any info on their s/c setup.

HoP sells kits as well as does custom work.

You can see my supercharger info at

I'm very happy with the results.

Feel free to email me with any questions or contact HoP directly. Their contact info is on their website at
post #5 of 138 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 02:24 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Date registered: Jul 2005
Vehicle: Black SL 500 1994
Lifetime Premium Member

Josh - you wouldn't happen to know anyone who would have as nice as yours supercharger available for the 1993 R129 SL500 5 liter 32-valve M119 V8 engine ..?
HPS don't have...

post #6 of 138 (permalink) Old 12-15-2005, 05:24 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Nov 2004
Vehicle: 300c (1956)
RE: A_R_T Supercharger?

Hey is that what I think I see in your garage???? what's the story behind that C111???
Will you ever consider selling?
post #7 of 138 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 05:48 PM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Jan 2006
Vehicle: 07 e350,99 C43 /w 55 swap

the only way to go is kleemann perfect fit and proper fuel and air tuning
post #8 of 138 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 07:12 AM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Feb 2006
Vehicle: 06 Golf GT TDi

i own a kleemann supercharged ML 320, now an ML 32k and my dad has a kleemann supercharged CLK 55k with 580bhp and we're both more than happy, and we pay british prices, where as ur prices are dramatically lower and i hear the usa team are very good!

post #9 of 138 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 12:11 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: W211/W210 Estate /W209/W208
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Well The Drama goes on........

Originally Posted by E55Cent
Is there any way you could take it to House of Power before you remove the pulley? I would get a second opionion before I start changing things again. I thought you were having tranny problems because Jesse was messing with the programs. After you dyno your car at HOP I would have Jesse put your rev limiter back to 6250 redline. 6900 is way to high for a roots style blower and for a car that doesn't have cams.
Good luck

The rev limiter was set to 6800 but I have to remove the smaller pulley first or I'll break my tranny. I've already noticed that the car rocked back about a foot when I put it in PARK yesterday. Needless to say I was startled AND concerned. My car has had at least 120-150 dynos during the days down at Mechtech. I can't afford any more dynos with my car until I get the tranny thoroughly checked. Hell I don't even care about the power anymore. I just want to unload my car and get a new one.

and More

Originally Posted by AMGSC
....My car has had at least 120-150 dynos during the days down at Mechtech. I can't afford any more dynos with my car until I get the tranny thoroughly checked. Hell I don't even care about the power anymore. I just want to unload my car and get a new one.

OMG! 120-150 dyno pulls! Poor motor and tranny. Not good to be a guinea pig. You should just take a few steps back and find out what the problem is. Don't bother trying to reach 400rwhp or more. It's more important that what you're driving is safe and reliable. BTW, do you really think Adam would honor his deal to buy your car back?

and More

here's my suggestion way back on page 4 of this thread...

"Get a refund, take all their crap out of your car, and get it inspected to see if any damage has been done to your car...expecially the motor. If there is damage and they refuse to compensate you for it...I would start thinking about talking with a lawyer."

now here's the thing, you willingly participated in dyno testing of your car, knowing that such testing was experimental and damage to your car was a possibility. most likely, you'd get a refund on the supercharger. call me skeptical, but i don't see HPS buying your car from you to make things right.
and More

Sorry man. I'm pissed off at this whole situation with HPS sc too and so i took it out on people that assumed thing that i know they didn't do. I was there most of all the tuning on other people car. So i know alot of suff that they do and don't. The tranny slipping is a weird thing too. My car have almost the same problem even before we even knew anything about Jesse and my car were only making around 330 rwhp. I'll explain later when i have time.

Been SEVERAL Weeks...and Where are the Results?
Just a lot of Un Happy Campers

Hope to see them at the GTG Next Month...ON The Dyno!

Vdoc stop on over for the GTG This Sat at the Rose Bowl

Also Please make plans to go to the HOP dyno day!
Dyno your CLK !
Bring Adam also.....

Oh and Remember Timster?...With a (FALSE) dyno...dont think it was False...with all the Problems brought up re HPS..

Originally written by VDOC (9/16/2005 12:20 AM)

quote: go down to MrDrew which is me. admit alittle coaching here and there and myabe given some suggestions buts its all me

I’m a forty-year-old African American male who accompanied an hps representative in delivering timster Clk 55 to him in Rocklin California.

Here are my accounts as third party of timster CLK55.

First of all, timster had HPS supercharger e430 for a week. While they finished his clk55. If he had any problems with the e430. At that time why didn’t he bring it to hps attention. Kind of nice for a company to give him a car huh?

My personal feeling after driving Tim’s clk55 for over 700 miles, There was nothing wrong with it. No lost of horsepower under heavy boost or on an incline road conditions. Passing other vehicles no hesitation or engine lag. I was very impressed by the way the car handles itself and how supercharger kicked in.

After this experience and reading these post my conclusion is the following.

Timster made false statements in hope of getting a discount or the entire system for free. I’ve been in sales for over 20 years and I see these types of scam artists all the time. Wanting something for free.

Think about it, why would timster post a dyno graph that is false? In hopes to show hps system does not work. Please timster, why don’t you be honest with everyone on this forum and tell people the truth. You’re a scam, sitting home all day and look for new companies like hps to take advantage of. I would love for you tell your side. Cause I bet hps would sue you for slander. I just read on the forum hps is going to post raw data for a current clk55 car. If those numbers show true numbers. What can you say?

I have driven timster CLK55 supercharger system and if anyone has any questions or comments contact me.
Victor Drew
post #10 of 138 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 08:32 AM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 99 E55

Ist gettin hot in herrr.

99 MB E55
HPS Gen I supercharger custom pulley
EvoSport lightened pullies
CoolingMist chemical cooler 50/50 Meth/H2O
H&R Sport Springs w/ #1 MB pads
Koni adjustables
K&N Filter
Removed Res and Magnaflow muffler
Lorinser roof wing
Upraded H.I.D. Crystal "face lift" head lamps
Brabus Shifter and flat hood emblem
All Black Emblems
19" staggered HRE 448R
2 12" Infinity Subs
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Mercedes-Benz Motorsports & Racing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: