Mercedes Service Garage & Customer Service: shocking experience - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-01-2014, 10:59 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Jul 2011
Vehicle: GL420 UK Model
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Mercedes Service Garage & Customer Service: shocking experience

Dear members,
I want to share this experience and understand how you think about. As for the title, I was shocked by the way Mercedes Customer Service dealt with it.

I regularly service my GL420 to Mercedes Benz Garage. I know I am paying much more than a normal garage, but I believe (actually believed!!) Mercedes Garage would give you the extra comfort you would expect, especially for the premium paid. I indeed close a 4 years service contract with Mercedes.

This year in June 2014 Mercedes Collected in June the car as usual for the service and MOT. I sent two emails before the car was collected to highlight a problem the car had from time to time entering in a sort of "safe/protection mode" , limiting the fuel injected. The issue disappeared when I turned off the car and turn on again.

When I collected the car back, I was told nothing was found and advised maybe was some bad fuel in the last petrol station. I was not convinced by such answer and thought they did not look into the car as they should.

Anyway, end of July I left the country to travel from London to Italy and the car had the same problem for 3/4 times. The issue created is pretty dangerous since you find yourself in the motorway with no power. I decided then to call Mobilo and they addressed me to a local Mercedes Benz Garage in Florence. This garage found the issue in just 5 minutes! They simply plugged the PC into the car and download the car history. They advised me to repair asap since I was running the risk not to be able to turn on anymore!!!

I advised the local Mercedes Garage in London, sent the issue found and organised the repair: over £2000!. Wise enough, time ago I extended the warranty of my car with a third party who paid, professionally, everything. However, deducted a 20% parts since the car was "just" over 6 yrs old: actually, if the car was going to be repaired during the service the car was within the 6 years of life.

Now, I complained with the garage about: why they did not run the simple check as Mercedes Benz Florence did? Surprising enough, they denied I highlighted about the issue and they said they did not receive the emails (two email to two different members) I sent!

I complained with the Mercedes National Customer Service as well, also underlying that I would expected Mercedes Garage is supposed to spot the issues the car had in the previous year simply by plugging their PC and looking into the car report, which would highlight any anomalies the car had: would you not expect this simple check when you pay £1000 for each Service??? Shall they not look to any message the car delivered in the previous 12 months?

Well, Mercedes Benz stated (in writing) they did not run such simple check. So if you bring you Mercedes to a Mercedes garage for a MOT and a Service, Mercedes would not check the car log and if it had a serious problem...well...good luck!!!
I had such reply in writing and I am truly shocked by it.

I am very curios to know what you think.

Kind regards,

Very unhappy GL420 owner!
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-22-2014, 05:01 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: May 2013
Vehicle: Fla
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Have you any ideas on how to correct these mistakes since you have had time to massage it through
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > MB Safety & Testimonials

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: