LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-17-2012, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Jun 2012
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
E350 Bluetec

I'm trying to convince the Wife to switch to Diesel. Also, I'm trying to convince her to go the extra 5 miles and get a Mercedes E Class. Any advice? Also, I've been seeing a lot of people saying the numbers don't pan out in with Diesel vs Gas. I don't see the numbers as close. I've uploaded my Mileage/Cost Spreadsheet Image.
Other than the Urea Re-fill which I will probably fill myself with Part store Urea, what other maintenance issues come with the Bluetec?
I assume the resale will be better with the Diesel by 3-6k
I also conclude that the Diesel will last longer due to the Lubrication factor of Diesel.
Attached Images
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-20-2012, 02:14 PM
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Oct 2010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've thought of going diesel too. You data above looks accurate enough. However, what I concluded for me is that diesel currently would not be a cost savings consideration, at least for me. I think the extra cost in special oil and filter (which I understand it needs) and extra emission controls maintenance, which I believe it will need, essentially balance everything out on a dollars viewpoint. And yes, add the Ad Blue to that. Also, diesel pricing is very volatile so I have little confidence in future prices (hopefully they go down). At least for me, the reason I would get a diesel is because of the effortless torque. City, passing, hills, all effortless. Anything else would be gravy for me. (Longevity may figure in here I expect). But don't let me affect your attempts to persuade your wife. Personally, I love the new diesels!
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > MB Safety & Testimonials

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: