Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #281 of 285 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 07:32 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Jun 2010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
If you can put aside your anti-social pride-full existence you'd realize that all i'm trying to do here is ensure occupant restraint systems function when most depended on. Not accept the industry leader's denial of acceleration-force on a frontal collision. That's not wishing to be 'wrapped in cotton wool'. Check again in Australia, last I remember it was still a free country (I have family there) which means the government isn't forced to dictate every single rule down to basic physics and common-sense still prevails.

Now you're calling my questions 'irrelevant'..... It's a shame when certain breeds of technicians are so full of pride they can justify making the statements you have as if just to get a reaction out of someone else. Unfortunately I've crossed enough of your kind to identify your predictable ways. It's unfortunate you cannot find something better to do with your time than to waste mine. Unless you're about to purchase an AMG or have any direct connection to this subject, it's appropriate that you move on. You're pride-full, judgmental, hate-full opinions aren't welcome or even useful here. I feel sorry for you that you haven't overcome that glitch in your mind that finds pleasure in slivering under peoples' skin. Especially when the outcome of what I'm seeking is either design-by-physics v. design-by-democracy, it's acceptable for a driver to have power over the effectiveness of occupant restraint systems (even if he's depending on it for survival), and that driver is thus 100% responsible for its performance. Since you see that as 'garbage' and 'irrelevant' then just go away. I don't even care for my own opinion so you're nuts if you think I'll regard yours, or let it bother me. I only care for facts, and perspectives supported by facts. Not people like you who get off on yourself.
Sponsored Links
post #282 of 285 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 09:32 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member
(Thread Starter)
To all others - regarding the question if Mercedes-Benz adhered to safety-standards in their 2003 CL55amg the answer is not possible to produce just yet. We know at constant velocity in the IIHS 40% partial frontal offset and NHTSA 208 full frontal impact they do. We know that Mercedes-Benz has claimed 'acceleration has no affect whatsoever on the pulse of a collision nor the airbags' ability to timely deploy' and 'the deployment sequence occurs in a few milliseconds'. My crash test shows more damage/pulse at 36mph max accel. v. 40mph constant velocity IIHS 40% partial offset and the airbag deployment sequence takes a lot longer than 'a few milliseconds' at max acceleration. So Mercedes-Benz statements regarding acceleration are false. The differences between the 36mph & 40mph crash test data is currently being considered by the IIHS. I do not retain the 40mph crash test data nor the set force, timing and G's expectations of the IIHS 40% partial frontal offset test. Neither the NHTSA or IIHS standards dictate acceleration rates. So until a direct comparison of hard-results are made only a fool would answer 'yes' or 'no' to 95red's question. All I can say is "YES", Mercedes-Benz' statements concerning acceleration's affect on the pulse and airbag deployment sequence timing are false. And that's a serious issue given the fact it defines how their occupant restraint systems can be made ineffective with the application of acceleration upon impact. Exotic-powered vehicle manufacturers have historically been at the forefront of performance and safety innovations. Not designing based on minimum general guidelines while denying basic physics. I think it's sad that Mercedes-Benz is justifying why exotic-powered vehicle manufacturers need independent occupant restraint system performance standards dictated to them. That's a shame.

I'd like everybody to realize I didn't ask for this, had a great life before experiencing this, not even proud of this, but if someone in my shoes who's seen and experienced what they did with hardware still stuck inside his body doesn't attempt to do something about this then who will? Do you think Mercedes-Benz will willfully cease adopting their base model restraint systems into their AMG counterparts w/o any modifications? That concept costs a '$1' and even though there's $140,000 dollars involved, Mercedes-Benz will not willfully give up that '$1'. Imagine if Ferrari bought out Yugo and decided to use a Yugo's occupant restraint systems in an Enzo (or a Yugo w/an Enzo engine). In any world or country, that is just not appropriate behavior from an 'industry leader'.

Last edited by virage105; 11-20-2013 at 09:09 AM.
post #283 of 285 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 02:39 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Jul 2010
Vehicle: 1995 C180
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
And again, you failed to answer the one simple question.

Its your life, waste it on pointless crusades as you see fit
post #284 of 285 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member
(Thread Starter)
Deleted odd duplicate over lost internet connection. Good for you 95red, good for you. If anyone else has no regards for basic laws of physics then this thread is not for you.

Last edited by virage105; 11-20-2013 at 09:12 AM.
post #285 of 285 (permalink) Old 11-21-2013, 10:23 PM
CH4S Artist
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 937 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Thread closed.
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > MB Safety & Testimonials

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: