AMG's Airbag & Integrated Seatbelt Issues - Page 11 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 285 (permalink) Old 09-14-2011, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jun 2010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I've had attorneys acknowledge the merrit of this case but opt out since they need the vehicle (salvaged long ago by the insurance company). So there goes professional representation.

You're summary of life's challenges are moreso for someone dealing with PTSD. I'm far from that. Here we have a person who became aware of a design fault he was able to predict and experience, left with the responsibility of ensuring its addressed before others die from it. That's a big difference, especially when it's as obvious as rear head injuries during a head-on collision.

Since we live in a world of vile God fearless animals, and some international corporations are no different, my form of justice will be public. If the crash test proves that I did not experience a mechanical failure, and MB does not adhere to FMVSS208, then their animal will be caged finally. And I will get to move on with the rest of my life finally (already am, but with a series of ball and chains still attached). If they still refuse to acknowledge the force of acceleration, then you'll see man grind an axe and finally apply as much harm to an international corporation as they willfully chose to apply to me, in direct proportion. Hopefully it doesn't come to that, but I sure won't hesitate if they still act like brats refusing to acknowledge acceleration once the crash test is available. Until then they will milk me, afterwards, I'll wrench them into basic elemental decency. My travels to their court dates and crash test arrangements are finally being leveraged to grow my business. Which involve worldwide customers who are aware enough to acknowledge the force of acceleration. Publication worldwide will be very easy on the day MB hesitates.

Last edited by virage105; 09-14-2011 at 12:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 285 (permalink) Old 09-14-2011, 12:22 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Feb 2010
Vehicle: 1983 240D, 1974 240D
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.2AMG View Post

But here's the most perplexing of all: why is this on an international public forum? Why is the OP posting all of this? Any halfway decent lawyer will tell you to shut up and keep quiet. Why are all the personal details and admissions to driving behavior and all the rest of it being posted here? Sorry, but from a legal standpoint it makes zero sense and is downright stupid. Anybody who has gone (or is going through) a legal battle knows this. Sit quiet and let the lawyers do the work. And if this case really has the kind of merit that's been suggested, there should be plenty of lawyers taking this on a contingency basis and some may even do it pro bono if it indeed will save the lives of others.

There is no gain by trying to get readers of a car forum to be empathetic, unless perhaps it's part of a self-designed therapy of some kind. But from the legal side of the issue, if I were the OP I'd delete this entire thread immediately.
x2. 100% discoverable evidence. By posting this on an international forum, and running the risk of that being discovered, you also run the risk of rendering it inadmissible depending on wherever you live. Not a good idea either way.

1983 240D 4-speed, DD
1974 240D turbo 617 swap, W201 5-speed project
Abomination Chevy Astro, 616 turbo swap, T5 5-speed, 4.56 diff. Work van
post #103 of 285 (permalink) Old 09-14-2011, 12:28 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by virage105 View Post
I've had attorneys acknowledge the merrit of this case but opt out since they need the vehicle (salvaged long ago by the insurance company). So there goes professional representation.

You're summary of life's challenges are moreso for someone dealing with PTSD. I'm far from that. Here we have a person who became aware of a design fault he was able to predict and experience, left with the responsibility of ensuring its addressed before others die from it. That's a big difference, especially when it's as obvious as rear head injuries during a head-on collision.

Since we live in a world of vile God fearless animals, and some international corporations are no different, my form of justice will be public. If the crash test proves that I did not experience a mechanical failure, and MB does not adhere to FMVSS208, then their animal will be caged finally. And I will get to move on with the rest of my life finally (already am, but with a series of ball and chains still attached). If they still refuse to acknowledge the force of acceleration, then you'll see man grind an axe and finally apply as much harm to an international corporation as they willfully chose to apply to me, in direct proportion. Hopefully it doesn't come to that, but I sure won't hesitate if they still act like brats refusing to acknowledge acceleration once the crash test is available. Until then they will milk me, afterwards, I'll wrench them into basic elemental decency. My travels to their court dates and crash test arrangements are finally being leveraged to grow my business. Which involve worldwide customers who are aware enough to acknowledge the force of acceleration. Publication worldwide will be very easy on the day MB hesitates.
For a guy with all the life experiences you say you have, and as the shaker and mover in the business world you say you are, you sure don't know jack about placing yourself in an untenable legal position! I learned this involved in a couple lawsuits, don't TALK to anybody about your case for petes sake, especially author a thread which could constitute libel, and could be actionable.
Better to err on the side of having all your facts lined up before leveling accusations. MB has lawyers, why don't you?

The best course is to say nothing until you have your crash test results

1983 240D 4-speed, DD
post #104 of 285 (permalink) Old 09-14-2011, 12:32 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

My travels to their court dates and crash test arrangements are finally being leveraged to grow my business. Which involve worldwide customers who are aware enough to acknowledge the force of acceleration.

I can't believe that you would post this! What do you mean by "leveraged to grow my business"?

Sounds to me like you are trying to profit from this vendetta that certainly does not make you look good as the victim you actually are. Only thing it does is make you look like an interested party.

1983 240D 4-speed, DD
post #105 of 285 (permalink) Old 09-14-2011, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
I'll publish crash test results before I ever discuss my hardships again.
This isn't about obtaining a judgment in some courtroom that'll be appealled for another 5-years before a single dollar is seen.
This is about making an international corporation behave decently and if not, humbling them as much as I have been humbled by their design issues.

It's juvenile of dropnsosky to joke that I sue the limo owner/driver over the rust spot. How disgraceful of a person are you? That single detail is the reason I'm still alive. That limo driver's life is on my back for without him being crushed to death because of that rust spot, the survival spot would have been switched to him. You joke over a man's death. WAKE UP and exhibit some decency.

"In a world full of deceit, truth is revolutionary"
How absurd is that? Not the quote, but the fact that we've disevolved enough to refuse to acknowledge simple truths anymore?

Profit from the travels? Are you sick? What I said is over the fact that if I'm forced to travel 1200miles to attend a 5min hearing, then I'm going to leverage that trip to do more. That's my business and choice to turn something this evil into something I'll continue to use to grow (use my being forced to travel places for short periods of time to do something else that benefits me instead of milks me).

Last edited by virage105; 09-14-2011 at 12:35 PM.
post #106 of 285 (permalink) Old 09-14-2011, 12:36 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Quote:

It's juvenile of dropnsosky to joke that I sue the limo owner/driver over the rust spot. How disgraceful of a person are you? That single detail is the reason I'm still alive. That limo driver's life is on my back for without him being crushed to death because of that rust spot, the survival spot would have been switched to him. You joke over a man's death. WAKE UP and exhibit some decency.
why would you sue the limo owner/driver and who is joking? I said sue LINCOLN. Im completely serious, I make no bones about my belief that your intention is to collect settlement money. Lincoln might be an easier target.

1983 240D 4-speed, DD
post #107 of 285 (permalink) Old 09-14-2011, 12:41 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Quote:
"In a world full of deceit, truth is revolutionary"
How absurd is that? Not the quote, but the fact that we've disevolved enough to refuse to acknowledge simple truths anymore?
What truths? In 11 pages of thread, you have failed to say anything that isn't arguable.
These kinds of posts do nothing to help your argument

1983 240D 4-speed, DD
post #108 of 285 (permalink) Old 09-14-2011, 12:57 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Jul 2010
Vehicle: 2009 E63
If I were your legal counsel and I saw you post the personal details of your financial situation and with the language you use, I would be unbelievably frustrated. The things you wrote (not said, but WROTE) that dropnosky quoted in post #96 http://www.benzworld.org/forums/mb-s...ml#post4887145 is not the kind of stuff you want to write in public forum. Keep the personal vendetta stuff (and ALL the personal stuff) to yourself. Any good lawyer will use this to help derail any merit that your case might actually have.

Sorry, but this appears to be really about a personal issue and someone's attitude about their own life than anything else. I'm truly sorry you had to suffer this accident. But trust me you're not alone and so please stop with the personal details of pain and suffering. My sympathy level evaporates pretty quickly each time I hear it. You clearly have some psychological issues that need resolving (hey, we all do and so I mean it in a 'good' way.) Your approach to this incident (and posting on a public forum) isn't going to resolve that nor is it going to save the lives of others.

MB did not intentionally try to kill you. If they made a design error that contributed to the outcome of this specific accident then that will be discovered. If they are deemed to be liable then you may get some money. Will it change your life? No. Will it save other people's lives? No.

What you want is the personal satisfaction that someone else is to blame for what happened to you.

Good luck with the rest of your life despite the outcome.
post #109 of 285 (permalink) Old 09-14-2011, 01:01 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Quote:
As I said, I did sense the rear passenger nudge my left shoulder before I took flight myself. So his right shoulder most likely clipped the left side of my seat back (giving it the slight twist you see). My upper body still yanked that seat back forward as I took flight towards the dashboard.
Id like to return to this statement in post #10 on page one. The flight of the rear seat passenger continually has me interested.

In post #1 on page one, there is a very clear picture of the front passenger seat being twisted from the inboard side out, clearly showing the path of the rear seat unbelted passenger traveling past.

I don't understand how you can maintain that it was your upper body weight alone that broke the seat, when from your own words, and the clear pictures on page one, an object hit your seat with enough force to TWIST the entire seat back frame? Thats not easy to do

Does it not stand to reason that the same forward trajectory and damage to the seat could also have broken the locking mechanism keeping it upright?

1983 240D 4-speed, DD
post #110 of 285 (permalink) Old 09-14-2011, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Good point and this has to do with physics relative to impacts.
The best way to demonstrate accute impact loading v. prolonged loading is to take a straw pinched between two fingertips held upright (use left pointer and thumb if a righty). Then flick the top of the straw. Fast enough and it'll only bend up top immediately beneath the point of contact. Then push on the top of the straw and it'll bend on the bottom due to the moment arm down the straw (from a prolonged load). This display of physics is represented by the upper inboard side of my seat being slightly tweaked forward (by an accute impact from rear seat's right shoulder) and the lower outboard side of my seat being bent forward (by my upper body's prolonged load thru integrated seatbelt). If the rear passenger's load was more directed against the back of my seat (ie. if he didn't fly up the middle to the dash), then both the outboard AND inboard bottoms would exhibit similar failure. But the bottom of the inboard side was not bent (or at least nowhere near as much as the inboard top corner and outboard bottom side). The rear seat passenger's velocity towards the dash was unbelievable. Knowing the airbags wouldn't timely deploy and I was in the seat with the least chance of survival I actually considered wedging myself between the driver and the steering wheel. Knowing the rear seat passenger was in the middle, the thought of him impacting my midsection stopped me. That's when I rose my left gaurd to absorb impact wondering what the limit of human limbs are. You think this is all impossible to do in such a short period, but when you're facing your death, your mind blossoms with more thought than you ever thought possible. I never once gave thought to whether or not MB's airbags could timely deploy during a high acceleration, low velocity impact before. Never even crossed my mind until that moment. It sure helped having an Engineering degree as the first lesson of Physics 101 is "acceleration is NOT velocity and each results in its own vector that produces two separate forces".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > MB Safety & Testimonials

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in