post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-17-2009, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Feb 2007
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
1987 S-Class v an SUV

Fatal for the MB driver:

18 cars crash on I-89, fatal crash on U.S. 7 | burlingtonfreepress.com | The Burlington Free Press

drive safe.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 01:58 PM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Apr 2007
Vehicle: 1999 E320, 1975 450SEL, 1979 280SE
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
It looks to me, from the photos, that the SUV hit the passenger side of the Benz. How can the newspaper say that the Benz hit the passenger side of the SUV? I'm confused!!!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 05:52 PM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 68 280SL, 2001 BMW 525ia(lemon, finally sold)
It seems pretty clear that the Dodge Durango hit the old benz in its side. Must have been pretty high speed, it takes some to make an S class look like that. Even a newer car would would be in bad shape after a hit like that I think. RIP
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 06:40 AM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Feb 2005
Vehicle: 1985 380SE
First storm claims driver in Ferrisburgh | burlingtonfreepress.com | The Burlington Free Press

Describes it better. She reportedly lost control and crossed the centerline, crossing in front of that Durango. Probably at full speed I imagine. A t-bone, at that speed, with a high vehicle. Never had a chance. Maybe if it had been something with an appropriate height....
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 09:39 AM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Feb 2009
Vehicle: 1974 450 SEL Champagne Beige Metallic(Sold); 1986 560 SEL Champagne Metallic
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
The Mercedes driver was a well respected Vermont Attorney aged 61. I believe that the impact from the SUV caused her to fatally smash her head on the the drivers door glass resulting in a massive closed head injury. Side airbags might have saved her, the driver's seat area looks untouched except for the car practically folding in half from the SUV impact. The idiot in the Durango was probably way over speed for icing conditions. JMHO
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 11:22 AM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Oct 2007
Vehicle: 1987 300SDL
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'll bet that driver in the SUV was speeding, something I've noticed about a lot of SUV drivers that I've met is the common sense of entitlement.

And, once I overheard my mother talking with a woman about her nearly having an accident, and the lady she was talking with said "How do people expect me to see out of my car? They need to be careful!"
and I'm going to myself: wtf is point of of owning a vehicle you can't drive safely especially an suv which can maim and kill simply because of it's utterly ridiculous size?

"Sir, the Mafia has arrived."
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 08:59 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Jun 2008
Vehicle: Depends on the week
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
lets not be so quick to judge there tiger. just because the benz was the one that was completely destroyed doesn't mean the suv driver was speeding. what the hell do you expect from someone driving in the correct lane when a benz slides in front of them out of the blue? he's got no choice but to slam on the brakes and hope for the best. that's what everyone's instinct is in a situation like this, but no matter how hard you press that pedal, you WILL slide.

guess the best wasn't enough as the poor lady must have suffered some serious head injuries during the accident.

i like my winter beater 94 gmc suburban. sure beats driving my coupe in the winter!

☆ ★ A R T I S A N ☆ ★ ☆ ★ A R T I S A N ☆ ★
Chicagoland Mercedes Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/mbclubchicago/
Join the W124 Buy/Sell/Trade/Chat Group on Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/groups/224626884381433/
Mercedes Diesel Injector Servicing: http://artisanexcite.blogspot.com/p/...servicing.html
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > MB Safety & Testimonials

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: