post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Feb 2007
Vehicle: 300e 4Matic
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
c230k vs vw jetta 2.0t

I was driving the jetta, got cut off on the free way and slid (god front wheel drive sucks) anyways got back in control only to have the a-hole in the c230 slam on his brakes. I rear ended him at probably 30 or so. My car was f*cked up something to the tune of $9000. His mercedes, a tiny crack to the far right side. Both of us walked with no injuries.

And to top it off even after explaining to the cop the guy slammd his brakes on purpose with a witness pulled off to the side of the road i still was given a ticket for following too close. AND THE MOTHERF**CKER SUED MY INSURENCE FOR GODLY AMOUNTS OF MONEY.

"My car has power everything, EXCEPT under the hood"

Last edited by jmoney6; 10-21-2008 at 02:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 02:26 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jul 2005
Vehicle: 1996 MB C280
dude that's is seriously messed up. You could fight that in court i'm sure.

~ Nick

Costa Rica
1996 Mercedes Benz C280
1988 Mercedes Benz 300E (SOLD)

My site TicoVista for costa rica real estate and more.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 05:32 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Oct 2008
Vehicle: 98c230 & 98c43
or you can blow up his house and feel satisfaction in revenge.

.. not that i'm saying its the RIGHT thing to do, but oh well
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 06:07 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
its over my insurence company paid out so its over. it just sucks that for a 30mph bump some ass hole get a years salary. not to mention the accident happened less than 3 monthes ago and its already settled.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 12:20 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Mar 2008
Vehicle: W220 2003 S500
Lifetime Premium Member
gotta say........gotta say.................another piece of the streets

CURRENT
2003 S500 V8 5.0 Facelift
1980 350 SL V8 3.5
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 01:49 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Nov 2007
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
whatta mess

S.

2013 Mercedes C250 Sport package PLUS steel gray metallic/black
2007 Lexus IS350 Sport package smoky granite mica/gray (+F-Sport, etc.)
2010 Honda Civic GX (CNG) white/tan
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 05:51 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Sep 2008
Vehicle: 2009 ML 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoney6 View Post
I was driving the jetta, got cut off on the free way and slid (god front wheel drive sucks) anyways got back in control only to have the a-hole in the c230 slam on his brakes. I rear ended him at probably 30 or so. My car was f*cked up something to the tune of $9000. His mercedes, a tiny crack to the far right side. Both of us walked with no injuries.

And to top it off even after explaining to the cop the guy slammd his brakes on purpose with a witness pulled off to the side of the road i still was given a ticket for following too close. AND THE MOTHERF**CKER SUED MY INSURENCE FOR GODLY AMOUNTS OF MONEY.
Unfortunately, in many states, no matter what occurs..if you rear end someone it will be logged as your fault. The going thought is that the person behind should always be at a distance to stop even if someone in front comes to a sudden stop. Bummer that you crashed, but perhaps the good side is that it was only one car because it sounds like you nearly crashed into 2.

Curious to see that someone would want to intentionally subject their c230 to a rear end collision. Perhaps he wanted a new car?
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
It was an older guy prob 50 or so. Cheaped out on his benz it had cloth seats stick shift very basic. Karma though, I hope he rear ends some one the day after his insurence policy expires.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 06:35 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1999 ML320
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoney6 View Post

You saying the jetta slid at 30 mph ?

The cop did not buy that, obviously.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 02:50 AM
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: 2000 Designo SLK-05 C230WK-05 E320CDi-2010 GLK 350
I have a friend who is now 67 years old. He has had poor vision since birth and how he got a DL is beyond me. Over the last 20 years he has had three cars totaled. Most of them were hit at least three or four times before the insurance companies figured the were beyond fixing because of the accumulated damage. Every accident was judged the other drivers fault because he was always hit from the rear. The other damage to his car was caused from his hitting curbs, trash on the road and his own garage walls. In a three year span his last car lasted, I replaced seven bent rims and multiple blown tires. The bent rims were caused by hitting objects in front of him that he could not see and the rear hits were caused by his pulling in front of fast moving traffic he did not see. His eye glass lenses were and still are usually covered with fingerprints or smudges so badly you might have trouble seeing his eyes behind them AND HE CANNOT TELL THE DIFFERENCE between dirty or clean.
It took me three years of complaining to the DMV before they lifted his license and scheduled him for a special drivers test to get it back. When he went out for the test, he returned in less than 15 minutes. The test inspector was white as a sheet when they returned, and would not discuss what happened but my friend said they only got a few blocks away from DMV in city traffic before the inspector started screaming at him and terminated the test. He never saw what it was that got the inspector upset.

I am now trying to get one of my co-workers tested the same way. He is a type 2 diabetic and has never learned to control his blood sugar swings through diet and usually takes extra unscheduled and heavy doses of insulin because he cannot control his craving for sweets. Three of the four drawers in his desk are filled with candy. Because of this his eyes are shot and he drives around day and night with his high beams and fog lights on because he has trouble seeing in the dark. With the switch back to standard time he is driving to and from work in the dark because he works night shift. Everyone who knows him is afraid to ride in any car he is driving, and that includes his wife.

You cannot assume every driver you cross paths with has good vision, reflexes or ability. That is why I drive a Mercedes. I need the comfort and safety of a car that will protect me from other drivers mistakes as well as from my own mistakes.

Potato Chip, custom canuter valve, low-friction muffler bearings, synthetic turn signal fluid, Hi-Definition Progressive Scan Wiper Blades.
Law-makers are supposed to regulate in the interest of the public as opposed to regulating in the interest of the regulated party.
If it says Pratt and Whitney on the outside it better say Martin Baker on the inside.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > MB Safety & Testimonials

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in