post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-13-2007, 05:11 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: My Two Left Feet
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I love MB and will never turn back

I was driving and spun out three loops and crashed. I was going normal speed and it started raining hard and cold. The roads where empty so no time to warm them up. I was making a slight turn on the highway and spun out. My E320 hit the divide then span three times. I took controll and forced it into a ditch. No air bags deployed, I am perfectly safe and the car still starts. With only the coolant system and headlights - light indicator coming on. I wasnt even worried or even scared. The car spun in a fashion as if it meant to spin the way it did. I didnt even panic. I let it spin hit, then grabbed the wheel and turned it of the highway landing straight into bushes. I am soooooooooo lucky it was a benz because any other car would have left me in the hospital telling a different story right now.

3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-13-2007, 08:56 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2005
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Wow!! Glad you're okay!!!!!!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-13-2007, 10:06 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jul 2006
Vehicle: 1997 E320
Sorry to hear about your car, but I'm glad that you are okay without any injuries.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-13-2007, 10:47 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: My Two Left Feet
(Thread Starter)
thank you guys. I took pics of the car and will try and post later. but yeah it sucks. I never been in an accident ever so this to me is a whooper of a situation. My insurance company is not open till monday. At this point I dont know how to think of the situation and I am not sure how bad its going to turn out or if it will work out for the better.

3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 12:47 PM
Always Remembered RIP

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
I replied in the other thread about what I thought the insurance issues would be, but I think you should get another car like this, and it should not be difficult to find a beauty.

the hard part will be finding one in really good condition, with books and records, in a color that you like. Certainly the one that you had, was a beauty in that interior/exterior color.

You are lucky because being in Southern California, there is a plethora of really beautiful cars for sale, which brings the prices down, and gives you a good selection of really nice cars to choose one.

DON"T be in a hurry. A W210 E320 is a good choice, but make sure the spring perch issue is not an issue, as it was with many of these. Also, they did rust out in some areas, so try and find one that was a lifelong southern California car, that never rusted.

There must be close to 20 Mercedes Benz dealers down there, from Ventura, to Riverside to San Diego, so while the car you are seeking is a 1998, be flexible, a 1996-2001 or so, just might work, and I would call the sales manager of all those dealers, and ask them to contact you if a really good W210 in the year envelope you seek comes in as a trade.

Maybe there is one right now, but I think there is a chance that many might come through, and you could grab a good one, before it got wholesaled out somewhere.

I would also suggest you think about getting a W210 E55 AMG, most of them were in black or silver, good colors, and they are surprisingly affordable now, for what you get.

The W210 E55 is an absolutely awesdome machine, and compared to your E320 you just won't believe it, what you would get in handling and speed.
You are probably very comfortable with the W210 but these are just incredible.

Also in your favor with the E55, is that many were owned by real car nuts, who really appreciated them, and pampered them, and probably took top care of them, and just got rid of them due to an itch for something even faster and newer.

You are absolutely correct, that the car saved you when many others would not have.

The roads get really greasy and slick after the first rains, so the wreck could have happened to anyone, and I don't view it as particularly your fault.

It was a "solo", and it is glad no other vehicles were involved, and that no one was injured.

You are most wise to only contemplate ONLY another Mercedes to replace it.

The safety reason to buy these is unarguable. The other reasons are good, also, but the Mercedes IS really safe, always has been.

There is no reason not to start shopping for another one right away, even before you receive the settlement check on the old car.

As Ihav said there are LOTS of good candidates in your own back yard.

Do include the possibility of an E55 in the search. Try one, you will really fall in love. I can alomost guarantee it.

Jim
<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.

"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > MB Safety & Testimonials

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in