post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 07:39 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jun 2007
Vehicle: Many
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cascade View Post
^^^^Do you consider yourself Russian, Ukrainian, or San Franciscan?

I wouldn't think they are necessarily the same thing. The Ukraine has not fared too well in its dealings with Russian in the last 100 years, to my mind.
I consider myself Ukrainian.

I know Ukraine and Russia are not the same, but the people in Russia and Ukraine are generally similar. We have similar styles.

I have many friends and family from both Ukraine and Russia and I don't see the difference of who comes from where.

Sometimes I'll say I'm Ukrainian, sometimes I'll say I'm Russian. Just a habit. Not a big deal either.

|2007+ MB Key|35% Tint|Lowered|Mesh Grill|Clear Side Lights|8000k HIDs|Resonator Delete|Exhaust|
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 09:05 PM
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 300D
Send a message via MSN to g.w.b Send a message via Yahoo to g.w.b
WoW .....WTF.....DAM........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica90 View Post
What do you have against Russians?

So just because you have personal problems with Russians, you have to dislike them all? Or because they caused a big accident?

For the record, not only Russians cause these kind of accidents, but any moron on the road can.

Do you have proof Russians can't drive?
So you saw/read about this accident and Russians were the cause of it. I agree, they are morons and stupid for doing this.

I'm sure you can find millions of other videos and stories like that, where Russians weren't the cause.

It isn’t wat he has against Russians ! It is wat do Russians have against German cars ??

1991 160 monza (100 259 km)
1974 w116 300D (890 000 km)

S.A. ROCK
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-26-2007, 03:10 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle: '07 Alpine White BMW E90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica90 View Post
I wasn't only saying it towards you, I know you weren't talking about their driving skills in particular.

I'm Russian, so I get pretty defensive when something like this is brought up.

Anyways, sorry for sounding rude and defensive in the previous post. I was VERY pissed at that moment.

I'm sorry to hear you have problems with Russians, perhaps you're not socializing with the right group of Russians.
^^^^

no problem man... its just every russian i have met, has done something f***ed up towards my family. not just in NY, but in FL, and the Caribbean also. i havent really met a russian person (in real life) that hasnt done something hurtfull/wrong to me. im not even hinting you. but its just so damning that every russian that has crossed my path in my life/family's life, has done nothing but wreak total chaos and trouble.

i know, its a horrible thing to say. but ive yet to meet a decent russian. sorry every1 who is russian. just means u gotta try and prove me wrong.
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-26-2007, 11:03 PM
BenzWorld Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiemyster View Post
^^^^

no problem man... its just every russian i have met, has done something f***ed up towards my family. not just in NY, but in FL, and the Caribbean also. i havent really met a russian person (in real life) that hasnt done something hurtfull/wrong to me. im not even hinting you. but its just so damning that every russian that has crossed my path in my life/family's life, has done nothing but wreak total chaos and trouble.

i know, its a horrible thing to say. but ive yet to meet a decent russian. sorry every1 who is russian. just means u gotta try and prove me wrong.
I'm not a man

I agree, Russians can be very violent. But again, it depends on the group that you are socializing with. Perhaps everytime you get involved with Russians, it's the wrong type.

The Russians in NY are a different than the ones from the west side. I've been to New York a few times and we noticed that the Russians have a VERY different style, it's like as if they never left Russia or Ukraine or wherever they're from.

As you may know or heard, but Russia is a pretty violent country, lots of bandits. My relative last winter went out to a bar with some friends to celebrate his raise at work. When he was leaving the bar, he got attacked by some bandits, they stripped his clothes off, stole everything he had, and left him in the snow unconcious. He was found 24 hours later. They had to amputate both of his legs and arms. Sadly, this type of violence is normal for Russia.

We had some bad instances with Armenians before for example (did not happen with my family but with some close friends), but I don't hate them all, in fact I have a bunch of Armenian friends.

Hopefully, you'll be able to meet a good group of Russians. They're not bad people, very nice.

|2007+ MB Key|35% Tint|Lowered|Mesh Grill|Clear Side Lights|8000k HIDs|Resonator Delete|Exhaust|

Last edited by Jessica90; 09-27-2007 at 12:51 AM.
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 08:58 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: 87 300SL "Roadster" 86 420SEL "Limo" 89 420SEL The "New" Limo 87 190E 2.6 fact bodykit
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
All this crap should be in the Off Topic forum

Andrew

"That's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live forever"- Lemmy

post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 09:46 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle: '07 Alpine White BMW E90
^^

i agree, this should be in OT. but its not, im sure the mods will see it sooner or later..

and i hear the capitol in russia is the #1 place to get car jacked. and they dont just take your car. they kill you, no hesitation... and i didnt know you were a girl... lol my bad. meh, i just think im unlucky with russians. whatever it may be, maybe one day, just maybe, i can collaborate with 'em. but for now, i keep my distance. haha btw, A&L i love your sig.... u got that pic in like a full colored photo? (hint hint, desktop wallpaper sized?)

Edit: in your location, shouldnt it be NoCal? ive never seen someone put NorCal b4.... just wondering....

Last edited by kiemyster; 09-27-2007 at 09:49 PM.
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-29-2007, 04:07 PM
BenzWorld Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiemyster View Post
^^

i agree, this should be in OT. but its not, im sure the mods will see it sooner or later..

and i hear the capitol in russia is the #1 place to get car jacked. and they dont just take your car. they kill you, no hesitation... and i didnt know you were a girl... lol my bad. meh, i just think im unlucky with russians. whatever it may be, maybe one day, just maybe, i can collaborate with 'em. but for now, i keep my distance. haha btw, A&L i love your sig.... u got that pic in like a full colored photo? (hint hint, desktop wallpaper sized?)

Edit: in your location, shouldnt it be NoCal? ive never seen someone put NorCal b4.... just wondering....
Nope, it's supposed to be NorCal, Northern California.
Southern California is SoCal.

post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-30-2007, 05:00 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Feb 2007
I drive in Brooklyn every day and believe me the Russians drive worse than the Chinese!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > MB Safety & Testimonials

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in