#1 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 09:00 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Sep 2006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
C320 battery problem **PLZ HELP**

I own a 2002 C320 Mercedes. Recently, I've been running into some problems with my car. Few weeks ago, my car wouldn't start all of a sudden. I jump started and I noticed 2 faults .. ESP warning light and light sensor problem. I thought it was the battery so I replaced the battery at SEARS. I came back from a week vacation and the car wouldn't start again. I noticed the same warning lights when I did jump start. Can somebody please tell me whats wrong with my car or if anyone has run into similiar problems. Thank you very much in advance and I would appreciate any feedbacks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 03:25 PM

Date registered: Nov 2004
Vehicle: E55 ///AMG
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbenzx
I own a 2002 C320 Mercedes. Recently, I've been running into some problems with my car. Few weeks ago, my car wouldn't start all of a sudden. I jump started and I noticed 2 faults .. ESP warning light and light sensor problem. I thought it was the battery so I replaced the battery at SEARS. I came back from a week vacation and the car wouldn't start again. I noticed the same warning lights when I did jump start. Can somebody please tell me whats wrong with my car or if anyone has run into similiar problems. Thank you very much in advance and I would appreciate any feedbacks.
HI xbenzx, no worry, you just need to reset your ESP BAS & other stuff in relation to your new battery by doing this :

Here is a comprehensive list of all items that need (or may need) to be synchronized after loss of power (i.e., battery disconnect):

Synchronizing Head Restraints:

If the power supply was interrupted (battery
disconnected or empty), the head restraints are no
longer adjusted automatically. To resynchronize the adjustment feature, turn electronic key in steering lock to position 2, move the seat completely forward and the head restraint fully down, and hold respective buttons for approximately two seconds.

Synchronizing power windows:

disconnected or low), the windows cannot be opened or
closed by the Express feature. To resynchronize the express feature, press <close> side of power window switch to resistance point until the window is completely closed and hold for additional 2 seconds. Repeat procedure for each window. The automatic full opening and closing procedure of the windows should now be restored.

Synchronizing sliding/pop-up roof:

disconnected or low), or if the sliding/pop-up roof is blocked during closing/opening procedure, the system has to be synchronized. To do so, turn electronic key in steering lock to position 2, move and hold switch in direction (3), until the sliding/pop-up roof is completely raised at rear, and
hold for additional 1 second.

Synchronizing ESP:

disconnected or empty), the BAS/ESP malfunction
indicator lamp may be illuminated with the engine
running. Turn steering wheel completely to the left and then to the right. The BAS/ESP malfunction indicator lamp should go out.

Synchronizing remote control:

The remote control may have to be resynchronized, if
the vehicle cannot be locked or unlocked. To synchronize insert electronic key in steering lock.
The remote control should once again be operational.

Take care & enjoy the ride,
Joseph

#3 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 03:55 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jun 2006
battery dead

this is common problem with c320 .disconnect the front seats modules. the codes will go away with the battery full charged after you go thru the reset routine and turn off and remove the key,then start up again.
#4 (permalink) Old 08-28-2007, 09:46 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Aug 2007
Vehicle: MB C320 Wagon
Have the same problem, and wrote some goverment agency about it, they need to recall this problem instead of making hundred of thousands of dollar off the same desgin problem - try this link: https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/
#5 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 12:24 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2006
Vehicle: 1999 ML320
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weekendgangsta View Post
Have the same problem, and wrote some goverment agency about it, they need to recall this problem instead of making hundred of thousands of dollar off the same desgin problem - try this link: https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/
Hey, get in line.
#6 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 08:25 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Jan 2008
possible draw

im not sure of the options on your car but it sounds to me like you have a draw. a common problem with these cars is a draw from the seat control modules. if this is the case you can disconnect them and see if your battery dies or you can do a draw test. if you dont know how to do this then you probobly should not be working on this car. take it to a dealer. oh and the seat control modules are located under each seat.
#7 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 08:51 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jan 2008
Vehicle: 94 e420 parting out, 63 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by weekendgangsta View Post
you cant go crying to the government every time a car model has issues with the same thing on multiple cars, thats why there is warranty, mercedes is longer than most, cars have alot that can go wrong, be glad mercedes enginered the rest of the car as well as they did and the seat control units are all your worring about, besides most of the time i see these, it's because people leave water bottles under there seats and then crush them till they leak all over the control unit.
#8 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 08:04 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Mar 2008
Vehicle: CLS550 Master Lease, 1990 300zxTT, 2000 camry
recall recall recall, at least the seat didnt catch on fire, or fall out of the car and make it flip over. Come on people its a parasitic draw, yes the control unit for the seats is a piece of *&^$ but thats nothing worthy of a recall as it has nothing to do with a safety related issue. But for this problem yes they are most likely the cause and they arent cheap, but you own a mercedes not a hyundai. If you complain about the cost then get a cheaper car if you want the mercedes accept the flaws and be ready to pay for the pleasures.
#9 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 05:17 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Mar 2008
HAD THE SAME THING HAPPEN TO ME READ ABOUT IT ON THIS WEB SIT DID WHAT YOU SAID NOW ITS JUST FINE THANKS SO MUCH
#10 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 05:58 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Jun 2009
Post So There's a problem.

I have had my seats unplugged for a year or so with no problems. I am a little less poor than I was then and would really like to FIX the problem. Does anyone know where I can get aftermarket or refurbished Seat control modules? How much do they typically cost?

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > MB Safety & Testimonials