post #41 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 04:07 PM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Oct 2007
Vehicle: 1999 SL500
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thank God my father had a Mercedes! - 1988 300SE -

Story #2 – Same Car – Different driver
My brother decided to exercise the car while our parents were out of town and ignoring the “DO NOT TOUCH DAD’S CAR RULE” he pulled out in front of a car that was doing 60 mph. The other car T-boned my brother squarely and even though he didn’t have his seatbelt on and the driver’s side was caved in over 18” he only had one bruise.
My dad does love this car and had it repaired. It still sits in his driveway today after 20+ years of service.

(Since having my own W126 I now drive a ’99 SL500 with almost 100K miles.)

Last edited by mrmdmoore; 01-15-2009 at 06:59 AM.
Sponsored Links
post #42 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-14-2009, 06:59 PM
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Sep 2008
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
you sure you don't have any frame damage, i'd get it checked out, i got rear ended by a honda accord a couple months back and his car went under mine because of the way the way the front hood is made on that car, my trunk still doesn't close properly.

-harout (1999 w210 e320)
post #43 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 10:01 PM
BenzWorld Veteran
Date registered: May 2009
Vehicle: S430 93K; E420 243K; 240D 242K
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Two testimonials here:

A multiple car accident resulted in an Eastbound city transit bus entering my Westbound lane, we both swerved & skidded but couldn't avoid a near head on at approx 15 mph. Driver's side front of my 1978 280S/W116 struck the front wheel & driver's side front quarter of the bus. Wife & I were uninjured save for a bruise across the chest from our seatbelts. Bus driver & some passengers were shaken up but OK. Benz was totaled & bus had to be towed.

I replaced the 116 with a 300SD Turbodiesel/W126. Much later, a co-worker bought my diesel, as a safe car for his teenaged son. Son fell asleep at the wheel one night, went offroad at speed & broadsided a telephone pole. Car came to rest with the pole near the center console, fortunately no passengers, and the kid suffered only cuts & bruises. I have pics somewhere but can't find them due to our recent move & homebuilding. edit (sorry I posted this as a reply instead of a separate post) Don

Last edited by ollo; 05-22-2009 at 10:09 PM. Reason: info
post #44 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 08:21 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Jul 2009
Vehicle: Beautiful 1989 420 SEL Tan w. creame leather Int, V8 powerplant, headlamp wipers, built like a tank
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ya guys recall the Video of the Big Benz on the Bahn that lost control flipped, roof came off driver got up and walked away. sadly I have seen a few real bad one in Germany too where speed just gets ta be to much for the avg. (Germ) (Joe) in our case! no offense.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > MB Safety & Testimonials

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: