LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 08:51 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Aug 2006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by asianml
How are we sure that she knew the driver was drunk?
from Curacuo's post. I don't know if it is true though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 08:50 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Aug 2006
What happened to Princess Diana is a tragedy and a great loss, God Rest her Soul. Placing blame on the S280 is not really relevant, her life may have been spared with all manner of slight variants to the crash. Perhaps if they were traveling at lesser speed. Perhaps if she had been wearing a seat belt. Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps.

I come from a long line of Mercedes owners. We have owned mercedes each decade from 1940 on. (and we still have a fair amount of those cars still in working order!)

My husband, and father in law both walked away from crashes in their Mercedes that would have surely ended in death had they been in cars of other makes. This past winter, my father in law, an elderly man in poor health, hit a patch of ice at a fairly high rate of speed and wrapped his S 280 around a tree on a country road. Not a scratch on him aside from some eye irritation due to the powder in the air bag. His eyeglasses were not broken. The car was totaled, and looked much like the S 280 after the Princess Diana crash. Many parts were perfectly salvageable. And he walked away from it.

My next purchase will be the 2007 Mercedes GL class. When my children beginning driving, they will have Mercedes. I wouldn't feel comfortable with them in anything less. That's exactly what it any other car is-less.

My best,

Melissa
post #73 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 06:12 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Arrow Correction

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996_S500
imagine if they took the 600 SEL, and crashed. They would have been going much faster, and perhaps everyone could have died.

It really shows though, how with a seatbelt, people can really stay alive. Without his seatbelt, the driver would have not been able to live.
I think a valid point about the 600 SEL, but I think you are mistaken.

The driver died in the accident. The only survivor was Diana's bodyguard, riding in the front passenger seat, and wearing a seatbelt.

Mercedes Benz - Das beste oder nichts!
post #74 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 01:45 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: 2003 S430 Sport Edition
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
After the crash MB in Germany started persuing a investigation in that Black 280 SEL which the princess was in. All this footage and news releases was shown on German TV DW-TV.

When it happened i had CNN International on when they reported a 280 SEL crashed going through the tunnel in Paris.

Eddie
post #75 of 88 (permalink) Old 09-01-2006, 12:26 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musikmann
I think a valid point about the 600 SEL, but I think you are mistaken.

The driver died in the accident. The only survivor was Diana's bodyguard, riding in the front passenger seat, and wearing a seatbelt.
oh yes, I am mistaken. Thanks for the correction Musikmann.

My cars:

BLACK 1996 S500 (W140) - Sold

BURGUNDY 1989 560 SEL (W126) - Sold

post #76 of 88 (permalink) Old 09-01-2006, 12:51 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 2006 ML350
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercS600
If anyone cares to look into what happened - despite Dianna not wearing a seatbelt - she did acctually survive the crash!What actually killed her was the injuries being left for nearly an hour whilst being driven around Paris in the back of an ambulance! A whole hour - now your not telling me that there were no funny shenanigans going on there!After all there was a hospital just 5 minutes around the corner!!!!A case for further investigation if there ever was one - or will the public ever be told the truth?Who says she is acctually deceased - no one saw the body - it was enbalmed almost immediatley and also Dodi's was supposedly cremated in line with his religion.Now if anyone wanted to just 'dissapear' without trace she certainly had a good case and he certainly had the funds!Just some thing else to think about.

souds like a good conspiracy theory.. and this might just have happened.. who knows?

Thanks, D.

2006 ML 350 - Black, Appearance Package, Navigation System, Entertainment Package, Sunroof Package, Heated Seats, IPod Integration
post #77 of 88 (permalink) Old 09-03-2006, 11:49 AM
duxdevil

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Does this mean the S-Class is unsafe?

Wow, I didnt know that an S class was what killed princess diana. I had always thought it was ridiculous speeds, intoxication, a bizzarre lifestyle and inertia that killed her.

This must mean that S class MBs are unsafe death traps! And I used to think that they were halfway decent...

The USDOT should outlaw these coffins on wheels before they add anyone else to their hit lists.
post #78 of 88 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006, 09:53 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2003
Vehicle: 97 W140 S320, 1993 W140 300SE (RIP), 2000 W208 CLK 320, 1993 W201 190E 2.6 (RIP),
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Wow. I haven't been around for awhile. I come back, only to see this thread is STILL running? Geesh.

The Mighty AckVig
1997 W140 S320 SWB (RIP)
1993 W140 300SE SWB (RIP)
1993 W201 190E 2.6 (RIP)
2000 W208 CLK 320
post #79 of 88 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006, 01:33 PM
duxdevil

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
yeah but its okay. we have all concluded that the germans were upset about the whole WW1/WW2 thing so they boobie trapped the car and programmed its computer to crash and kill the occupants. Also, we have decided that this international conspiracy was entirely known about by both governments and this is truly murder/espionage. Therefore she died a martar.
post #80 of 88 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 07:25 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2005
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by duxdevil
Wow, I didnt know that an S class was what killed princess diana. I had always thought it was ridiculous speeds, intoxication, a bizzarre lifestyle and inertia that killed her.

This must mean that S class MBs are unsafe death traps! And I used to think that they were halfway decent...

The USDOT should outlaw these coffins on wheels before they add anyone else to their hit lists.
Huh? It would've happened in any car, not just an S-Class. Read the facts again. The only survivor was the only one wearing a seat belt; Simple as that. The S is not to blame.

2002 Mercedes-Benz ML320 (sold)
2011 Chrysler Town & Country
2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid
2003 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic
2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > MB Safety & Testimonials

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in