LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-17-2003, 07:45 AM Thread Starter
Always Remembered RIP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Help me choose

I’ve been looking for a 220 Coupe to replace my unloved C180 but as yet they’ve been few and far between.
I have however seen the following; any thoughts?

1996 MERCEDES E250 DIESEL ELEGANCE AUTO, P reg. (Frog eye), Brilliant Silver Metallic, contrasting Anthracite cloth interior, Automatic, Diesel, 17in AMG alloys, full colour, PAS, ABS, cruise control, front fogs, elec/glass sunroof, airbags, Walnut fascia/door cappings, rear head rests, tinted glass, elec/windows x4, elec/mirrors, quality radio cass, luxury Diesel Saloon, 110000 miles and FSH, excellent value . £8,999

1994 MERCEDES E300 DIESEL AUTO, L reg . (W124) 53000 miles, FMSH, in red, grey cloth interior, MoT'd, finance avail , warrantied. Like new, viewing highly recommended. £5,500

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300 GD 5-Door manual,
Metallic Silver, Central Locking, Front Electric Windows, Power Steering, Radio Cassette, Three Rear Head Rests, Light Guards, Driving Lamps, Headlamp Wash, Original Mud Flaps, Just 115000 Miles With Two Owners, Last Owner For Nine Years, Superbly Maintained, Just Serviced With New Front Wheel Bearings, New Mot Prior To Delivery, Free 12 Months Warranty, £5995.

My main priority are fuel costs, mainly due to it being almost £3.50 a gallon and on the increase. Performance isn’t an issue but reliability and longativity is.

I think my main problem is I don’t really know what I want, I like the ’96 E250 but I tend to think the newer Mercs aren’t built to the same standards as the older ones.

The 300 GD is in excellent condition, I like the individuality and its build but running costs scare me (what MPG do these return). A 4x4 would be useful in winter as I live in the country but I’ve always managed by just sticking a couple of bags of sand in the boot.

The E300 has the better history file (all MOTs, receipts etc.) and is low mileage, but is the 300D a better engine than the 250D or visa versa?

Any comments appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-31-2003, 06:47 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Mar 2003
Vehicle: 84 230CE & 84 300DT
Tell you what, jump into your Nephew's dingy, paddle across the pond and buy that '82 300C...

Tell you what, jump into your Nephew's dingy, paddle across the pond and buy that '82 300CD. But don't go back to the UK. Diesel averages about $1.50 a gallon (about £0.95) here in the States.

~DJ~

1984 300D 173K with 145K on engine

1984 230CE

OBK #29

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-02-2003, 09:08 AM Thread Starter
Always Remembered RIP

Date registered: Aug 2002
(Thread Starter)
Wow a reply to a quiestion from 8 months ago[:0].You must be bored to be searching t...

Wow a reply to a quiestion from 8 months ago[:0].

You must be bored to be searching that far back[:D].

95p a gallon[^]. It costs more than that to use the tyre air-line over here[:(!] (and it usually runs out by the time you get to the last tyre[B)])
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-02-2003, 10:13 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Mar 2003
Vehicle: 84 230CE & 84 300DT
I never really check the original post dates. I was just going through the forums reading ...

I never really check the original post dates. I was just going through the forums reading posts that looked interesting. I came upon yours and I thought I could throw in an amusing answer.[:o)]

~DJ~

1984 300D 173K with 145K on engine

1984 230CE

OBK #29

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in