BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Dec 1998
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
***MUST SELL my '87 .23-16 NOW - CT***

For those out here unfamiliar... <br>
<br>
...this is one of 751 1987 US imported 2.3-16's (and only 1,202 in '86), in only 2 colors, Smoke Silver (this car) and Pearl Black; cars came with factory body kit, black leather Recaros with rear buckets, tubular headers, ram air intake with Cosworth of England head, 300E brakes, posi, and Getrag 5spd with dog legged 1st gear (backward pattern). <br>
<br>
THAT said... <br>
<br>
No accidents or rust, interior a 9.5, exterior an 8.9. Well over $10,000 in documented repairs over last 50k / 4 years (have all papers on every repair since new, including orig. odo statement). New parts include entire new A/C and heater system, alternator, catalytic converter and exhaust system, hydraulic belt tensioner, fuel pump relay, hydraulic rear self leveling system, 95k entire head-job, slave cylinder, wheel bearings, rear control arms, center link, fog lenses, washer pump, etc,. much more to list.<br>
<br>
Factory wheels in great shape (have dust covers) with decent 205/55/15's, original spare never used. Spare set new front rotors. Adult driven, tuned to perform, K&N filter, pre-cats removed (still have them), timing advanced, car runs exceptionally strong and sounds phenomenal. Sony ES detachable face (hidden tape deck) with joystick, Sony 10 disc 'full library' CD (makes titles), and Infinity speakers. Reliable daily driver for past 18 months (28k), highway commute. I just bought an //S6 and need to sell it NOW as my wife is 4.5 months along with our first!<br>
<br>
139k, asking $8,250, reasonable offers considered assuming you've driven it first. <br>
<br>
Serious inquiries only, please no joy riders. More pictures / info available via email. <br>
<br>
P.S. please no 'know it alls' wishing to contest something like the actual # of cars imported to the US, who made the gearbox, who designed the direction signal lever, or crap like that, thanks. Please also read the entire ad before emailing me questions like 'how much are you asking?' or 'how many miles does it have'. <br>
<br>
Sadly, I speak from experience on both these matters... <br>
<br>
Thanks, and happy motoring.<br>
<br>
Regards, <br>
<br>
Paul Krasusky<br>
Hartford, CT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 09:35 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

(Thread Starter)
re:

damn I love those things...<br> <br> Those were the m3 killers of the day...If i had some liquidable cash i would definitely hop all over this...I love that car... Especially if you slap some EVO 17' rims on there :)<br> <br> sorry to hear you are selling it<br>
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 12:21 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

(Thread Starter)
Re: re: 2.3-16 ---- Sold...

Thanks for the response. Sold it to the first guy who saw it. $8,000. Sad too to see it go, but there are more toys in life to be had, somehow somewhere someday...<br> <br> Funds helped pay for neu S6 wheels for my '95 //S6, 993tt brakes, lowering kit, etc!<br> <br> -Paul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in