How fast do you americans drive your Mercedeses? - Page 7 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-04-2005, 09:16 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Sep 2005
Vehicle: '82 380SEC, '74 280S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: How fast do you americans drive your Mercedeses?

Quote:
I took a photo from cluster panel when driving 160 mph. The picture is still on my cubic wall.

That time my car was 500SL'93 and location was near Death Walley in California desert.

Nice experience. One time was enough for me.
This is one of the funniest posts I've read recently. Your's had me rolling on the ground. [:D] [:p]

I took my 1974 280S out two days ago at 110 mph but was too scared I'd drive off the road and into a ditch to go any faster late at night with only one headlight. Also, my radar detector was in the other car and I was "racing" a 560 SEC (~2 a.m.), yes....still on city streets. I beat the 560 SEC (or he let me). Love to take this out at the Willow Springs race track and push it past redline....well push it until it explodes.....I wanna see this old benz die! Please make it die! (it won't die, dammit!) [8)]

In L.A., I would cruise regularly at 80-90 mph, one time I drove past a cop at this speed and was shaking my head why he dint stop me....Guess, it was 'cuz I was driving a Benz! (or it was too old looking to bother stopping).

-GTB

'82 380SEC (black, tinted, w/ interior of a '90 560 SEC, heated seats, ps, pm, 6 CD system, DENON pa, 225 Fuzions, wooden steering wheel, shifter, NGKs, ATE brake rotors, 100% synthetically lubricated with AMSOIL),
'74 280S (4 brrl carbs, inline 6 cylinder, chrome wheels, black interior, reinforced springs, super condition, totally gangsta!),
'06 VW TDI Beetle (light & fast, MPG:43+, 175 lbs-foot torque, 1.9 L, 100 hp, Manual 5-speed, Grey+tint)
'81 Santana 525 racing sailboat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 11:46 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jul 2005
Vehicle: 87 560SEL SOLD: 95 SL600, 95/97 S600 coupe
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
not as fast as you do!

It would seem to me that US driven cars are better used car investments than Euro driven, as I have experienced in person lunatic driving in the rain to boot, on the German autobahn.
Are there a lot of US imports to Germany, Italy, France?
I would never buy a Euro model run over there since they are typically run into the ground.
Or am I wrong?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in