LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-05-2000, 02:18 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Dec 1998
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
1970 280SE

Did these cars have a heater blower motor? I do not see a switch....it has air..that works..WITH a blower motor over on right (passengers side) kick panel..is this right?? seems like a shade tree add on...<p>....Honest....I found this car in the woods behind a mans house.....hadn't run in years....cleaned it up...paid 80 bucks for it...oiled it..filtered it.....DROVE IT HOME...think I got my money??<br>I love this old girl...2.8 6-cylinder....will spin the tires when changing from 1st to 2nd gear..<br>I do believe I have the fever,..<p>thanks in advance<br>Randy<br>1970 280SE 2.8 das boot<br>1981 BMW 320I<br>1984 BMW 533I<br>an assortment of hondas & 'mercian stuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-05-2000, 11:38 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

(Thread Starter)
Great find...I have the same car. I have a service manual for the car at home. I'll check and get th

: Did these cars have a heater blower motor? I do not see a switch....it has air..that works..WITH a blower motor over on right (passengers side) kick panel..is this right?? seems like a shade tree add on...<p>....Honest....I found this car in the woods behind a mans house.....hadn't run in years....cleaned it up...paid 80 bucks for it...oiled it..filtered it.....DROVE IT HOME...think I got my money??<br>I love this old girl...2.8 6-cylinder....will spin the tires when changing from 1st to 2nd gear..<br>I do believe I have the fever,..<p>thanks in advance<br>Randy<br>1970 280SE 2.8 das boot<br>1981 BMW 320I<br>1984 BMW 533I<br>an assortment of hondas & 'mercian stuff<p>
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-12-2000, 04:12 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

(Thread Starter)
Re: 1970 280SE

: Did these cars have a heater blower motor? I do not see a switch....it has air..that works..WITH a blower motor over on right (passengers side) kick panel..is this right?? seems like a shade tree add on<p>Hi Randy,<br>The air volume control lever and blower switch is one of the sliding switches in the centre of the dash board. It's the one at the top to the left. You turn on the blower motor by slinding it to the left. Take a look at "http://www.m-100.org/6point3/frameset.html" for more details.<p>Sveinn Thorsteinsson.<br>Reykjavik, Iceland.<br>W108 280S 1971 211.000km<br>W123 230E 1984 314.000km<br>
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-10-2000, 05:15 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

(Thread Starter)

The blower you see on the right which I understand from a mechanic I talked to yesterday, who does only Mercedes and worked at a dealership in the early 70's, is the standard dealer installed AC. This was the only AC the factory available. The heater blower on the other hand is buried deep in the dash in front of the instrument pannel. You can actually see it if you take the little grill off the intake vent under the windshild wipers on the outside and look from the passenger side towards the driver side. I have been spraying mine with TV Tuner spray trying to remove a possible short without finishing the removal of the whole dash I understand you must do to remove the blower. And don't forget to drain the cooling system first. I tried to get someone to do it but the first refused and the former factory mechanic told me it would be $1,625.00 labor but he didn't do them anymore-too hard on his back. Good luck. <br>: Did these cars have a heater blower motor? I do not see a switch....it has air..that works..WITH a blower motor over on right (passengers side) kick panel..is this right?? seems like a shade tree add on...<p>....Honest....I found this car in the woods behind a mans house.....hadn't run in years....cleaned it up...paid 80 bucks for it...oiled it..filtered it.....DROVE IT HOME...think I got my money??<br>I love this old girl...2.8 6-cylinder....will spin the tires when changing from 1st to 2nd gear..<br>I do believe I have the fever,..<p>thanks in advance<br>Randy<br>1970 280SE 2.8 das boot<br>1981 BMW 320I<br>1984 BMW 533I<br>an assortment of hondas & 'mercian stuff<p>
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-13-2001, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

(Thread Starter)

<p>I drive an bmw 83 533i 5 speed, very quick, and got a lead on a 70 280 se, looks like it is in good shape. Cheap. How does it stack up?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-01-2001, 09:46 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

(Thread Starter)
Re: Re: 1970 280SE

sorry for taking a year to respond....but the 280SE is a fine ride....a '70 mod...I do swear all I say is true...found it in edge of woods..been siting for 2 years....had it running in 15 minutes...drove it home....2 weeks later....have never touched the brakes ...(fiured they would start to leak...ect. but noooo)...its a jewel.....'course..I don't drive it every day tho...fuel injected...OHC..2.8 litre<br> smooth....sounds like a vault when doors are closed....dark blue...<br> Randy Glasscock <br> '82 300SD pristene<br> '80 300SD tank (for sale) 178K<br> '70 280SE fine ol' gurl<br> '84 BMW 533I slick-n-quick<br> '80 BMW 320 needs a bit<br> 2 four-wheel drives..chevy -n- ford trucks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in