Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

iCarsoft MB II DTC Definitions DAS or OBDII ?

5K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Diesel Benz 
#1 ·
My iCarsoft MB II Mercedes specific reader is working well to assist me in trouble shooting various issues with my Mercedes. It reads fault codes, assigns them a number like 9023 or 5503 or 930e, then gives a written description on the display. These codes are not in a format that matches the standard Mercedes OBD II codes like I see on MB Medic's page. Such as P1354 or C1512 for example...

Mercedes-Benz DTC Fault Code List

I think it displays the codes in a form consistent with XENTRY/DAS/STAR.

If these codes are from XENTRY/DAS/STAR, is there a list of the XENTRY/DAS/STAR assigned codes anywhere other than in the programs and what they mean? Maybe I'm just not translating the codes right?

I know this sounds stupid due to the fact that I get descriptions of the fault codes on the iCarsoft MB II, but would like to have a written/ printed list to go by as well if possible without having to get a XENTRY/DAS/STAR system. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

#2 ·
Looks to me like iCarsoft has invented their own codes. Depends on the MB model and control unit but the DAS/Star codes may look like those from your link, e.g. for a 211.083. Is your car a 211.083 or a 211.090?

I've seen many MB fault code lists but I find them all pretty useless. You really should look at the specific fault code list for the control unit/MB model in question.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.