Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

EBAY FRAUD - Law Auto Group Bensenville Illinois

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Noodles 
#1 ·
Need Legal Help!
I purchased a 1990 Mercedes GD300 on ebay from The Law Auto Group Dealership loacated at Bensenville Illinois. They described the vehicle as no rust in & out (see attachment). I had the vehicle inspected by ebay recommended company WEGOLOOK, who did a terrible job inspecting, they did not inspect the undercarriage; but because the dealership had a good ebay/google rating, I was confident I was dealing with a legitimate company.

After completing the "buy it Now" on ebay, the ad was pulled out - I called dealership who reassured me all is fine... Now, I can'e even post a negative feedback on ebay, it was like the transaction never happened.

When my mechanic inspected the vehicle, the body to frame mounts were rusted out (all 4) with separation showing on one of the mounts (see photos)

I called the GM, who at first seemed empathetic, said he will investigate the matter. well, a week later he refused to take the car back. I suspect this vehicle had flood damage - The car Title shows they had this car in their inventory for 10 months - so it's not like they did not have time to inspect it for safety issue.

I contend that the Law Auto Group was aware of the safety problem; the vehicle was in their inventory for 10 months (title shows it) and was MOTIVATED to sell it anyway possible. The OPPORTUNITY was to sell it on ebay and INTENTIONALLY describing the vehicle as no rust issues failing to FULLY DISCLOSE the true problem of the car. Furthermore, once the sale was completed on ebay, they pulled the ad out, ensuring no negative feedback comes back to them and or future unsuspecting potential buyers will not see the transaction.

I Contend their actions was not only an to DEFRAUD, but CRIMINAL, knowing they were selling a defective vehicle that could hurt or kill myself, my family and or the public which by law, is outright illegal.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
While I certainly empathize with your dilemna, you must first understand that buying used is caveat emptor, i.e., buyer beware. Does the inspection company you hired have a guarantee for their services? Do they list undercarriage inspection. Unfortunately, that would be your only recourse. Since they pulled the listing, you're hung out to dry and they know that.

#4 ·
I hate he got screwed but his failure to ensure a proper inspection with a reputable company or viewing the truck himself set this up. No way I'd blindly buy something without first making sure it was a worthy investment, especially a vehicle that old in a location known for use of salt on the roads.

*Edit: Since he's come to vent and not get real input, I'm locking thread.

#6 ·
File a claim with Ebay

If you bought the car through EBay they offer some level of buyer protection through a 3rd party insurance carrier. I bought a car two years ago with a lot of undisclosed damage. When the seller refused to take the car back I filed a claim with EBay and their insurance company helped pay for the necessary repairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.