Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Power steering rack motor - E350 2014

6K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  konigstiger 
#1 ·
Any of you guys know this part number?

I called the dealership and they said I would have to replace the whole Power steering rack and pinion. However, I checked the parts diagram and I could not see this motor attached to the rack. I took a few picture but the sticker part number is from Aveo and I could not find anything after googling it.

Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
First off, what happened? :) Why would you need to replace your rack & pinion on a 2014? Is it still under warranty?

I had to replace the rack & pinion on my 2002, after an oddball accident where my wheel was turned one way, and the tire/wheel took the impact in the other direction, bending some suspension components including the rack itself. So I had to get it replaced. Typically you'd find a rebuilt one and there'd be a core charge you'd get reimbursed when the old one is removed. I would NOT do this at the dealership IF you know of a very reputable indie shop you can take it to; you'll probably save 50% of what the dealer will charge.

#3 ·
I really don't know. It was working but the previous owner had an accident with the car and it suddenly stopped.

The car is not under warranty. Dealership charged 3k for the power steering rack and it does not seem to come with the part that I'm looking for.

Thanks

#4 ·
Did you ask the dealer if the rack & pinion assembly has a motor included in it? I'd imagine it has to?

...did you already buy this car? When did the motor stop working and how do you know that's the issue?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.