Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

The ugliest Mercedes?

8K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  ath20wj 
#1 ·
What do you think is the ugliest Mercedes?

I think it is the W163! Just looks at it:

Ewww, what were they thinking making it? Look at that peace of #@$%5! Its following couple of generations are as ugly too. I think all M Klass is ugly really. No, I think all SUV and minivan MB are ugly.

Look at it:

My stomach... I don't feel good...

What do you guys think? You surely are disappointed at how some MB look.

See less See more
#2 ·
This opinion coming from a guy that owns a 92 and 2009 Crown Vic is comedy into itself. But, I degress. While I thought the earlier W163 were less than flattering than the facelift model you posted, none of them are hardly toadstools. The Gwagen wins the prize in my opinion followed by the W140 sedan. They simply could've done better with the W140 and the Gwagen is simply unredeemable.

#5 · (Edited)
Looking at your list of vehicles, I see the true comedy :grin

Nah, don't take the OP too seriously. It's just my opinion :)

Yeah, I agree with you on the G Klass.

#6 ·
just plain ugly
Oh God, no, please!

Ewww!

Ah, I think MB is a looker only in small cars. SUV, crossover and minivan, mini buss, etc. sized cars aren't it's strong point in terms of looks, me thinks.

#7 ·
The W163 looks stupid with painted bumpers, what happen about 3rd year of production.
We drove earlier model with white paint and grey bumpers.
It was a head turner with front brush guard.
Still the truck make debut with Jurassic Park trim and IMHO all of them should have it.

Coming to ugly MB, how can you beat Unimog?

#9 ·
The ugliest Mercedes?

I have seen lots of Mercedes photos in various Mercedes history publications and one car jumps out at me from my memory of years of knowing the brand. Easily the 1935 Mercedes 130 rear engined sedan is the ugliest. This makes the not dissimilar VW "beetle" look absolutely handsome.

I have seen these cars in Germany but never of course in the USA. You'll have to google for a photo of the thing.

#10 ·
People in USA have taste :wink

Reactions: Noodles
#12 ·
Welcome to BW JPPataki,

Good to have you as a new member.
Please complete your BW registration profile so members may better assist you.
Goto your ===> user CP profile====> click on your icon----> click on Account Settings----> goto Account Details----> add vehicle details---->
ADD your make model YEAR into your Profile ----> click save.

#13 ·
The only correct answer is the R class. The first and second gen A class were pretty bad, as was the B class. Considering what they were, I guess they were ok. The R class, absolutely terrible.

Reactions: smart_guy
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.