LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-08-2016, 03:47 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Extremist
Date registered: Mar 2014
Vehicle: 2001 ML320 2004 ML500 2011 E350 2015 ML350 2002 CL55 AMG
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thanks again. My Gullwing collection is located in the driveway.....Wife gets the two car garage slots.....

My Gullwing requested that I grow a pair.
DrX likes this.
Sponsored Links
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-31-2016, 04:34 PM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Mar 2008
Vehicle: '02 ML500
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Originally Posted by DrX View Post
This crowd are contracted by MB to make car covers and windscreen sunshades to be sold through dealerships. Therefore they are good. I have been using their UVS-100 sunshade products for over 10 years - one of the best accessories available.

Can't say anything about their car covers, except that I think the MB covers are made of Noah fabric.

+1 on Covercraft. I have an Ultratect and Reflectech for my 968. I've had evolution and Noah fabric covers on several cars and wasn't impressed. Once the evolution got dirty, every breeze would let dust filter down through the fabric and the Noah leaked after the first winter and disentegrated after the second.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-31-2016, 04:48 PM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Mar 2008
Vehicle: '02 ML500
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Originally Posted by Cinnasnootzer View Post
Thanks for the input on this guys. The prices for these covers are all over the map and may or may not indicate actual functional quality. ever notice any paint marring with this cover (most likely from taking it off and putting it back on and wind)? I am leaning towards something like the Covercraft but have concerns that the layer that is actually contacting the paint will hold dust and grit, thus scratching the paint when used.

Probably have to be a little mindful when using it and not drag it against the vehicle.

Thanks again.

I never cover the car if it's dusty or dirty, as much to keep the inside of the cover clean as much as keeping the cover from rubbing dirt into the finish. I have one of the California Duster things that I dust the car with before I cover it, even if I just drive home from the car wash.

I also have Glossit paint correction/costing. And I apply their detail spray after every wash to keep the coating protected. I think I put more scratches on the finish doing that with less than perfectly clean microfiber cloths than my covers put on.

For two years now my 968 had been stored outside under, on occasion, a foot of snow, and it's doing great in its third birthday. Only a slight white powder on the finish when I removed the cover in the spring. (Very carefully.)
Cinnasnootzer likes this.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: