Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Uggh! Hydraulics broken on convertible top - MB CLK 320

842 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Michael Pillay 
#1 ·
Ugggh....my biggest fear has happened. The convertible roof on my CLK 320 is stuck in the down position. Apparently, a hydraulic went because fluid came out all over the place.

I have searched the forum and I cannot find anything related. I am wondering if I can lift the roof manually? Of course, I will need the hydraulic piston(?) replaced. Does anyone have any idea of a ballpark repair price?

#5 ·
I have searched the forum and I cannot find anything related. I am wondering if I can lift the roof manually?
Did you try searching your owner's manual? In the "Practical hints" section you will find detailed instructions for emergency operation of the soft top.

It's a two-person job, taking care not to sever your fingers in the folding mechanism.

If you don't have an owner's manual, you can download one: http://www.mbusa.com/vcm/MB/DigitalAssets/pdfmb/ownersmanual/2000_clk_cabriolet.pdf

#6 ·
Removing the cylinders is the challenge. Are you going to have the leaking one repaired or do you plan on doing them all at once? If you find a diagram with the cylinder locations, you can at least decide how much time you are want to put into this. If you just plan on taking the car somewhere for the entire job, then yes, it will be expensive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.