Date registered: Jul 2016
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Which US MB model to buy....advice?
I'm trying to decide among a few different Mercedes Benz models and generations - essentially, I really like the old boxy Mercedes look and feel. My main criteria is:
1. Long-running - hoping to keep for many years, so would like to be able to run it for a long while without any major issues - I understand some generations are better than others for this.
2. Easy/inexpensive to repair - I don't have the space or the time to maintain myself, so would need to take to a local shop in the SF bay area for everything. I really want a model which doesn't need to go to the dealer for to be hooked up to diagnostics.
The models/generations I'm trying to decide between are (I'm leaning most toward the two at the top of the list):
- 95-00 Mercedes C-230 or C-280 - I hear they improved quality-wise from 1998.5 to 2000, true?
- 02-09 E-Class - I hear mixed reviews on reliability for these, do they need dealer for servicing due to the diagnostic systems?
- 95-02 E-Class - Love the look of these, but same question as above.
- 93-95 Mercedes E-Class - I know very little about this generation - are they reliable or money pits?
Thanks in advance for the help! I live in San Jose, so if anyone is local and has a good shop recommendation, let me know!