Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Can I use Star to program Keyless Go with new Master Key

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  tferrari 
#1 ·
I have 2011 S550

Lost key

Have got new master key from Mercedes Benz. They say the key will work straight away as it arrives programmed but keyless go will need to be coded.

They want me to drag the car there on a car hauler before releasing the key (company policy to set eyes on the car even though they have seen title and sold me huge amounts of parts)

Now I have star diagnostics (12.2015) xentry and C4 programming and ability to do online SCN coding. BUT last time I tried to program a key (das4 key) it said I did not have enough privileges.

Will it be the same for keyless go or is that straightforward scn coding that any aftermarket shop with star xentry can do

If I can do it, will just pick up the key and code it at home, but if dealer has to do, will get it done at same visit as dont want to drag the car there twice.

thanks

Terry

See less See more
#2 ·
It will have to visit the the dealer.

Also get a second remote fob. It is cheaper to have them do them both at the same time especially if a tow is needed.

All of these cars came with two key fobs. Once an owner or second owner gets down to one remote IMO it is very important to have a second
one ready to go. The stories I have read about lost keys close to home and/or hundreds of miles from home are chilling. The dealer knows they have
you by the short hairs and can dictate whatever they want.

#3 ·
All fixed now.

I went to dealer to collect car, they wanted $160+ tax for an hours programming to program the keyless go.

I decided to try it myself when I got home and if it failed, to take it back and have it programmed

Car started as expected, but lo and behold, the keyless go worked automatically right out of the box, no coding, or teach in on the car was necessary, they must configure the key all at the factory, certainly on that model anyway.

Bit annoyed at the dealership for trying to hit me for $160 for nothing.

This may save someone a few bucks in future. I think the new DAS4 key are different, they come blank at the dealership and have to be programmed in the car

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.