Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

where to find used parts

446 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Noodles 
#1 ·
Does anyone know of junk/salvage yards with Benzs on the West coast US, preferably California? I'm looking for 1991-94 400/500E EGR valve and air pump and pulley.

#4 ·
If you have a smart phone, you can use the Row52 App. There is a web page as well. Will list the pull a part yard or people who will pull a part for you.

Aurora Auto Wrecking in Seattle has a goodly stash of Benz parts

Reactions: Noodles and fanboy
#5 ·
I recommend using Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market and only doing the deal in person or, if absolutely necessary, by PayPal. I learned the hard way that dealing long-distance with junkyards can be risky. First time I ever used car-part.com, I gave my cc over the phone to some junkyard, and the next day, it was used to buy $10,000 of laptops. Switched to paying by check after that -- got my parts sent out only about 80% of the time, and they know very well that I'm not going to sue them for $50. I've bought all kinds of things long-distance without any worries about trust, but for whatever reason, junkyards are often shady.

#6 ·
The front doors were starting to rust badly on the 1999 ML. So I found a set about 250 miles away to the east in Indiana.
They were not thrilled about pulling them and taking pictures, but they did. I found them on car-part.com. Same matched color.
So I hopped in the ML and picked up two doors. They were complete with glass, locks, regulators and door cards. $500 for a
rust free set of doors. So with gas and the tollway fees I still could not have saved money by painting the old doors with rust
repairs.

I forgot about Row52. They are much smaller with under a couple of hundred yards in their database. Also the part usually has to be pulled
or the salvage yard charges more to pull it. They are legit and another great source to keep these MBs on the road.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.