post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-12-2016, 11:01 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Mar 2013
Vehicle: 2016 C450 AMG
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Lack Of Interest At Customer Service Center

I have been dealing with the Customer Service Center, went for a full two weeks of not getting a call back from a "Case Manager" and have been trying to escalate to a manager. Impossible!!

My 2016 C450 AMG is in the shop for the third time since the 1st of January with the most recent being over two weeks. No one seems willing to provide numbers or contacts for management over these Customer Service people or in my case a manager over the Case Managers.

I just thought today about coming to BenzWorld to leave a post. Anyone able to help?

Thank You
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-12-2016, 11:27 AM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Oct 2012
Vehicle: 1968 250S, 1991 300se, 1998 SL500, 2x 1977 450SEL 6.9. Past MB's; 300SD, 300E, 300TE, 190E, ML420
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
try the lemon law and get them to give you a new car.

Utah Lemon Laws - Lemon Law Attorneys |
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-12-2016, 01:03 PM
Date registered: Jul 2005
Vehicle: 90 300E, 99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 876 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
I totally agree that is the best way to go. Get a new one based on the lemon law or your money back.

Sorry this is happening to you utbronco.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-12-2016, 01:46 PM
Will Moderate For Cigars
Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Back in the early '80's, automakers manufactured cars with what they deemed with acceptable percentages of defect occurrence and percentages of failures. Parts can be defective but some of the defects never show up in normal usage. Defective parts ran in those days in the 8 to 10% range, depending. Carburetors ran significantly higher than that. I remember my uncle saying that he could expect to get back 1 in 3 carburetors that he sold through his parts house. Did not matter the brand either.

We have become spoiled to reliability. It was accepted at one time to rebuild a transmission at 50,000 miles. Now, if one fails at 125,000 miles, it's considered a piece of junk.

Today, we just expect more because we continue to get more out of our cars from increasing quality standards. And when one takes a sh^t like yours, we tend to be less understanding and rightfully so. Good consumer protection laws is what has gotten us to where we are today in vehicle reliability. It was not uncommon for autos to be in the shop for weeks during their first year of ownership.

Defects are just a part of life since these parts are designed by humans and many made by humans. Now, manufacturers have gotten defects down to less than 1%. But, the law of averages say that eventually, there is one automobile every once in a while that gets more than it's fair share of defective components. Unfortunately, you got that car. It sucks but I hope you get a resolution to it soon.
Noodles likes this.

2005 S430 4Matic 'Morton' W220.183 • 722.671 Rest in Peace

Bells and whistles are thorns and thistles.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-12-2016, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Mar 2013
Vehicle: 2016 C450 AMG
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Oh what 12 Hours Can Do

I wanted to follow up concerning my issues with both my 2016 C450 AMG and the Customer Assistance Center.

I have been called by my local Dealership initiating talks about getting me into a new Vehicle hopefully without the problems we have been having. Excellent news!!

Secondly, I've been called by management in the Customer Assistance Center and they were very helpful and concerned about the lack of attention to my issues. What more could I ask??

Thanks to all of you for your support and suggestions!!
Noodles likes this.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: