Do you think my car is totaled?

• Yes I think so.

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • No I don't think so.

Votes: 2 66.7%

Do you think my car is totaled?

5K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  insame1 
#1 ·
I was wondering if you guys think my car is totaled by the looks of these pictures. So I was driving straight passing midway through a green light and a guy turned left and t boned me. He didn't yield so he was at fault. 4 airbags deployed; the driver's knee airbags, the steering wheel airbag, the 2 sides airbags. My insurance is state farm. If you guys can judge by the looks of the pictures if its totaled or not, it will be greatly helpful!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
The damage is excessive though it looks repairable. The sensors and plastic bumper will set you back more than the value of the car. If it were some junk asian car, the repair cost would be minimal. Once the air bags deploy, that seems to be a default death knell

#5 ·
It's a newer car....so long the repair value doesn't exceed 75% of the car's value (not applicable to every insurance, and definitely not applicable to every state), it wont be totalled.

I see these kind of cars show up in my shop all day long. 20k repair costs and above are approved, even on cars MSRP for 30ks...

#6 ·
Was just at a body shop picking up some things and they had a 2015 C300 there that had what looked to be about 35-40% less damage than the pictures show in this thread and the estimate is $22,000. Based on that I fear that the car in this thread may end up being a write off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.