Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

question on work done on car

603 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  flyboyike 
#1 ·
Hi,
Hope you can help me track down some information. I'm looking to buy a used 2015 C300 but he carafe report says the car had the engine removed by the dealer during the first year of use. My question is, How can I know what type of work was performed? I drove the car and it seems ok mechanically but if hey did some serious work perhaps it will not last as my current c280 which has 150K+miles.
The other red flag I can see is that the MB dealer took the car back during the first year and then sold it to a Nissan dealer nearby so perhaps it was not "MB certified" material.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#3 ·
The following is speculation.. but it could mean nothing at all.

Certain vin ranges with the 276 engines had bulletins come out on them regarding head issues. Tech could have just pulled the motor for better access to fix the problem. In the meantime, parts may have not been available and the customer could have wanted to the dealer to take the car back (buyback) because they didn't want to make payments on a car they can't drive.

Car get's traded in while it's still in the shop, customer gets a different one, then when parts arrive the engine is fixed. Then they sell the car again.

Could be as simple as that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.