Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Car warranty

955 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Kajtek1 
#1 ·
Hey guys Im new so sorry if someone has posted this already but i couldnt find anything on it.
I just purchased a new C250 and it says it needs service B1 and its a 2014 that still has the new car warranty (according to dealer).
Does anyone know if its covered or do i have to pay for it?
any help is appreciated thanks

#2 ·
It is a maintenance issues, not a warranty issue.

Did you buy the car new?

If so, did you buy pre-paid maintenance? If you did not buy pre-paid maintenance, then they will charge you for the work.

This video has 99% sale fluff, then flashes in a few seconds what they actual do in a "B" service.

This has a little more info

#3 ·
Bought it at a used dealership with 14000 miles and clean 1 owner carfax and was owned locally. I only noticed it when I got home and it said it was 100 days overdue. I researches online and B1 is oil change filter change and just an overall inspection of the car (wipers brake flush etc) so I was thinking it could be covered under warranty.
Thank you

#5 ·
You can call the dealership and ask if they did the service. If it is a used car place, I would be concerned they did not use the correct oil or cheaped out on the filter. If I were in your place, I would either do the service myself or have it done at the dealership or Mercedes indy. Oil is cheap, repairing engine damage by not doing the maintenance is not.

#6 ·
Ok. But since it's a relatively new car with low miles I shouldn't be concerned with the other issues that service B1 provides? The delarship I got it at almost only sells bmws Benzs and porsche so I'm hoping they serviced everything according to specifications. Thank you

#7 ·
By other issues I am assuming you mean the inspections etc. and not the actual oil change. If one has not been done yet, it will be due at 14K miles. In regards to this being a high end dealership, be careful nevertheless. I recently attempted (emphasis on attempted) to purchase a Mercedes from one of these high end dealerships. I ended up somehow speaking to the owner who turned out to be a complete lunatic.
I have no faith that he instructs his employees to do more than make the cars look good and sell them on. I am not saying this is the case with the place you purchased your Mercedes from but at the very least it is worth speaking to the service people. Hopefully your oil change was done and done with the correct items so can enjoy your new Mercedes for years to come.

#10 ·
You can send oil sample to lab, where test cost about $30, but that will not tell you if the filter was replaced.
With some experience you can tell if the oil is new, or old from sample taken on napkin, but in case of any doubt, I would just replace the oil and filter.
Doubt you will find better filters than OEM>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.