Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Mercedes not selling extended warranty ELW

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  oefvetw124lover 
#1 ·
I just bought a used ML350 which still has 10k miles to go before Mercedes factory warranty expires, after 18 months. I have been checking with Mercedes dealers to buy Extended Limited Warranty (ELW) but I am getting a run around that since I bought the vehicle from an independent (non-Mercedes) dealer, Mercedes does not permit them to sell to me their Extended warranty. He put my VIN# on some Mercedes website, only to state that my vehicle is not eligible.

Does anyone know how can I resolve this issue and still get ELW? I prefer not to go aftermarket.

Isn't this business practice discriminatory? After all I am paying for what they are offering and the terms of their offer do not require that the vehicle has to be purchased only at Mercedes dealerships. The only eligibility requirement is the vehicle should be still under factory warranty.

#2 ·
I bought ML350 from Lexus dealer, and also looking for Extended warranty.
I made a contact with (they are highly recommended people here on this forum) I have sent them only a VIN number.

Marc D. Rose
mailto:Marc.Rose@wisimonson.com
And
Jeffrey M Santos
Finance Manager
Mercedes-Benz/Sprinter of Elmbrook
International Porsche/Maserati
262-821-5000 ext. 349
jsantos@mbofelmbrook.com

They told me my car is eligible for extended warranty, unfortunately Im having a rad time to get them on the phone and get the price or made a purchase.
Hope they can help you.

Just keep flying.

#3 ·
I can only speculate that because the car went to a non Mercedes Dealership for a period of time , they ( a MB dealership) cannot verify the scheduled maintenance was completed to MB standards
it makes sense

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.