Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Help !

546 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  redghost 
#1 ·
Is it worth getting a 1996 mercedes c220 with 81k miles, one owner , moon roof , leather seats , ac etc . Ive never had a car before and im looking for some and came across this one it looks great and basically is it going to break down easily or would it be bad if i drive long distance in it , i just want reliability and comfort knowing its a great buy

#2 ·
"there is nothing that can be more expensive than cheap Mercedes Benz"
Welcome to the forum and I REALLY admire your enthusiasm for the brand, but MB are coming with costly maintenance and unless you have father-mechanic, 20-years old model would be at the bottom of recommended list.

#3 ·
I would steer well clear of the C class mercedes. This series is showing up in Pull a Part yards in large numbers. Most of the recent ones are in the 2002-2007 range. These are not wrecked, just something went south and the owner decided to get out from under it.

The last examples of the "C" was the 190e that was any good. For whatever reason, the C series just does not garner value from insurance companies or cost way too much to repair compared to value.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.