Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Mercedes Benz engine swamp?

610 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  redghost 
#1 ·
Hi,
i have been searching all over the internet and couldn't find a shop that does engine swamp on mercedes. does anyone know any shops that does engine swamp.
i want to swamp a gas engine to a diesel.

#3 ·
I like to watch "Fast & Loud" about Gas Monkey Garage who does car restoration and upgrades.
Even they always add drama to all jobs, I think they make it look easy while putting 2015 engine into 1971 Charger.
Bottom line, the Charger sold for $150,000 directly from the rebuilder, so that should be something to consider.

#4 ·
I do not think any MB gas car built in the last 20 years converted to diesel will sell for even 10% of $150k.

I have been watching Richard Rawlings since before there was even a show called Fast N' Loud featuring Gas Monkey.
He was on the show Overhaulin for a little while with Chip Foose.

#5 ·
Thanks for getting my point N.
The idea should go in line with the idea of becoming self-employed and manage bussines just becouse one can do something with his hands.
There is old wisdom about that
"Why would I work 40 hr a week for somebody and go home on Friday with $1500 in my pocket, when I can work for myself 60-70 hr a week for whooping $800"

#6 ·
Jack, you can do anything with enough cash in hand. A benz shop will balk at screwing up a perfectly good car. A shop run by Latinos (no evil intended, they just are less married to anal retentive) are a good bet for doing a swap from petrol to diesel. You will need TWO cars to make that happen. One a donor engine car, and the other the recipient in much the same model. The shop needs EVERYTHING that hooked to the Diesel to be able to jump over to the driver. Having the donor on hand will allow them to check what goes where and pull those parts that make it all work together.

A petrol car has no real value, where a Diesel model is very sought after by the fan club. If you really need to remove a diesel engine and drop a petrol engine in, just find a crap chubby or frod block out of junk yard and toss it into your car. Those engines have lots of muscle and are dirt cheap. Any fool can drop one of those into a car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.