LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-09-2016, 06:35 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Mar 2016
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
CPO Vs NON CPO on 2012 E Class-350

Hypothetically speaking wouldn't purchasing the non cpo be a better deal if the car is still within the extended limited warranty period as that would give you an opportunity to shop around different mercedes dealership offers for this superior warranty as opposed to purchasing the cpo and being stuck with the max 3 years/more expensive/less coverage cpo warranty?

Thinking about getting a used 2012 and just looking at my extended warranty options here!

I Notice the cpos are priced quite a bit higher and yet purchasing one automatically excludes you from getting the better warranty! It's almost like mercedes is punishing you for going with the cpo instead of shopping around for a used mercedes that is still eligible for elw purchase.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
BUMP VERY CURIOUS ABOUT THIS!!!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 09:14 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2008
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
2012 E350 CPO.

The standard warranty is 4 years or 50,000 miles starting at the date of purchase. Whatever comes first. My 2012 E is out of warranty. Not because of miles under 40,000 but because of years expired. Even though 2012 is out of the factory warranty you can always extend it if you so choose. You can buy one at any MB Dealer and it does not matter what state. A CPO car will always be priced much higher but it does offer piece of mind. I bought my 2012 from Fletcher Jones in California. You can find a non CPO MB pay much less. Use the savings for either repairs or buy a third party warranty from a company. Warranty Direct as a example.

2015 Dodge Caravan (9K) NY
2012 Mercedes E350 4Matic Sport (40K) NY
2006 Mercedes CL600 (48K) NY
2005 Mercedes CLK55 AMG Coupe (28K) FL
2005 Mercedes C240 4Matic (200K) NY
2004 Mercedes CLK320 Cabriolet (45K) FL
2002 Porsche 911 C4 Coupe (69K) NY
1999 Ferrari F355 6 Speed (17K) FL
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 09:26 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Wouldn't purchasing a non cpo actually be better from a warranty perspective since it allows you the option of purchasing the extended mercedes factory warranty as opposed to an additional 2 years of cpo with it's limited coverage benefits? Assuming the vehicle in question is still within the eligible extended warranty period of course.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-11-2016, 05:28 AM

Date registered: Jul 2005
Vehicle: 90 300E, 99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 929 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
It may have the dealer, but when I had that chance as the second owner I was told I could not extend the MB new car warranty.
They may have changed that in the last 7 years, but that is what I was told back then.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-12-2016, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Ahh that's actually a great point, never thought of that! I was just looking at the mercedes website and under warranty options cpo and extended limited warranty ELW warranty is under the specific category as new car warranty which would pretty much leave any 2nd owner out the cold as far as a certified mercedes elw warranty is concerned. That explains a lot if true but hopefully someone else will chime in about this!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-12-2016, 01:22 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000 C280 Sport View Post
The standard warranty is 4 years or 50,000 miles starting at the date of purchase. Whatever comes first. My 2012 E is out of warranty. Not because of miles under 40,000 but because of years expired. Even though 2012 is out of the factory warranty you can always extend it if you so choose. You can buy one at any MB Dealer and it does not matter what state. A CPO car will always be priced much higher but it does offer piece of mind. I bought my 2012 from Fletcher Jones in California. You can find a non CPO MB pay much less. Use the savings for either repairs or buy a third party warranty from a company. Warranty Direct as a example.
Have you had any previous experience with warranty direct? I hear mixed things about them and that the only really great mercedes warranties are either elw,cpo, or carmax. I ask because I'm considering a 2010-2012 E Class 550 and the used car dealership ones are substantially cheaper then either carmax or mercedes cpo. Just the airmatic suspension alone justifies a solid warranty for this vehicle.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-16-2016, 12:52 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Mar 2015
Vehicle: 2010 Mercedes-Benz C300 Sport 4MATIC
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is a great topic and I'm happy this question came up because I'd like to break it down for everyone. Rottingman, can you please supply us with the VIN number of the two options you're looking at?

I'll get all of the warranty information for you and also a breakdown of how everything works. I'll also give you my personal recommendation based on the data I get back from the VMI.

You're welcome to DM me, email me, or text me the VIN.

Email: chris@novibenz.com
Business Cell: 248.759.1247
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in