Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Jumped Ship

686 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  zeroroadkill 
#1 · (Edited)
Been a MBZ fan since the 1990's. Had a 1992 400E, 1998 S500 and still have a 2008 GL550 (108K). After we sold the S500 four years ago we were looking for a S550, but after driving one we were disappointed! The old S500 was a much better car! We took a chance and bought a 2009 750Li BMW and I must say WOW!:bowdown: This is a real luxury car for the same $$$ as a MBZ and the dual turbo 4.4L is FAST. If you want an awesome luxury automobile, check out the BMW 7 series. You might jump ship too...

I plan on keeping the GL550 forever. Can't afford to replace it so I'll just fix it. Awesome SUV and it tows our 6000lbs travel trailer all day at 75-80mph. Speed limit in Idaho is 80mph!:wink

#4 ·
Actually, it was a great car, no problems in three years and BMW did all the servicing under warranty for the first 3 years, 35,000 miles. The car was just too big for my wife, so we sold it, looking for a two seater. We drove a new SLK350 and was very disappointed. Tinny and a weenie engine, felt like I was driving a fancy Yugo for $60K. Don't get me wrong, I love MBZ or I wouldn't keep buying them, I just think they have lowered their standards.

#3 · (Edited)
x2
I did own only 1 BMW and it was 750iL from 1990's.
Water pump broke. It was $700 + 2 days of labor.
The $3.99 cork oil pan gaskets could not hold the oil NEVER.
Than the car would not pass the smog.
"Lifetime" spark plug harness was $1400.
I would assume, that lifetime apply to warranty, but not on BMW.
Nice car for driving, but parking a block from your friends to not leave them oil puddles got annoying.
Give us more feedback how it turns out for you?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.