A C Class is not a REAL Mercedes? What about the CLA? - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-06-2016, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Apr 2015
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
A C Class is not a REAL Mercedes? What about the CLA?

I have a 2015 C300 Luxury with all the bells and whistles like the Nav with multimedia package, Burmester sound system, Panoramic roof, Blind spot monitors, etc. Since getting the car I have had people tell me a C class isnt a REAL mercedes and I should have spent more and gotten a base model E class instead of a fully decked out C. I had to give my car to Mercedes for service and they gave me a stripped E class sedan as a loaner. Other than the extra space I dont see anything special about this. Sound system isnt close to mine, no blind spot monitors either, no nav and you cant watch DVDs in it. Plus now the C, E and S all look the SAME except for their size. Where did this mentality come from that a C Class isnt a real mercedes? What about the CLA? is that considered "Real" ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-06-2016, 06:13 PM
Will Moderate For Cigars

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
I heard the same crap about the ML's. Ignore the idiots and enjoy your car.

2005 S430 4Matic 'Morton' W220.183 • 722.671 Rest in Peace

Bells and whistles are thorns and thistles.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-06-2016, 10:23 PM

Date registered: Jul 2005
Vehicle: 90 300E, 99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 931 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
What cmitch said.

When I use a dealer they have given me fully loaded 4matic C class cars as loaners and I like them a lot.
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-07-2016, 06:58 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
I am 32. No wife or kids and the only person who rides with me sometimes is my girlfriend when we go out. I like small, nimble cars that are somewhat fun to drive and easy to maneuver in traffic. If I could afford it I would get the C63 AMG S as my next car instead of a big car like the S class that will be driven by myself without any passengers 99 percent of the time.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-07-2016, 06:56 PM

Date registered: Jul 2005
Vehicle: 90 300E, 99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 931 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Just a tip. If you want more money for cars stop leasing them. They are beating you silly on any return to you. You are renting a car for 3 years and at the end you have to lease again or buy the car.

If it were me I would look for a 2-3 year old CPO C63 and finance it. Even if you do not take the finance to the end you have least some cash equity in the car. When I worked for dealers the salesmen would go out and party hard after writing a lease. It is much more profit for them and nothing for you.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-08-2016, 12:23 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jun 2015
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
If they want to know if its a real Mercedes, have them pay for the next service!
kawagirl and MSrobots like this.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-08-2016, 02:02 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Mar 2016
Vehicle: 2016 mercedes B class auto
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
Just a tip. If you want more money for cars stop leasing them. They are beating you silly on any return to you. You are renting a car for 3 years and at the end you have to lease again or buy the car.

If it were me I would look for a 2-3 year old CPO C63 and finance it. Even if you do not take the finance to the end you have least some cash equity in the car. When I worked for dealers the salesmen would go out and party hard after writing a lease. It is much more profit for them and nothing for you.
Don't agree. My pcp agreement enabled me to secure a considerable discount that was well in excess of that available for a cash purchase. To raise the cash I would have had taken a loss on cashing securities, lost the interest and dividends and would have been subject to capital gains tax. I also received a contribution of £760 and 3 years free servicing from Mercedes. After 3 years I can purchase the car for a fixed price or should I have a "Lemon", hand it in. Cash is no longer King!!!!!
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-08-2016, 05:32 AM
Will Moderate For Cigars

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by elderlygent View Post
Don't agree. My pcp agreement enabled me to secure a considerable discount that was well in excess of that available for a cash purchase. To raise the cash I would have had taken a loss on cashing securities, lost the interest and dividends and would have been subject to capital gains tax. I also received a contribution of £760 and 3 years free servicing from Mercedes. After 3 years I can purchase the car for a fixed price or should I have a "Lemon", hand it in. Cash is no longer King!!!!!
It really doesn't matter if you agree or not. Leases are generally bad for the buyer. Very few cases out of thousands where they make sense and stealers wouldn't push them if they were not so profitable. What I find amusing is that you were just told by someone who used to do this for a living that it's a bad deal for the buyer. If you're happy with yours, then so be it.

2005 S430 4Matic 'Morton' W220.183 • 722.671 Rest in Peace

Bells and whistles are thorns and thistles.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-08-2016, 05:47 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jun 2009
Vehicle: 1955 300 SL
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
There hasn't been a real Mercedes since the early '90s, some would go so far as to say the last real one was the 280 SE 4.5.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-08-2016, 07:13 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejboyd5 View Post
There hasn't been a real Mercedes since the early '90s, some would go so far as to say the last real one was the 280 SE 4.5.
What made that one real and the new ones not real?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in