Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

2016 C300 (US Spec) Red Turn Signals, why?

956 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Noodles 
#1 ·
So I've noticed that US spec C Class cars made from 2014-present have a very interesting thing about them, the tailights. Some models will not have the optional LED headlamps so the rear tailights will have less LED's and bulbs used for the backup lights and turn signals. What confuses me is that the Amber bulbs aren't even used for turn signaling, it's part of the brake lights for US spec models. So my question is what are they ever used for? Or are they even used at all? If so, that's just such a waste of space for a bulb that will never be used. What is it with Mercedes and using red turn signals anyways in the US? It was fine before they started doing it. if anyone has an answer, thanks.

#2 ·
At the taillight factory, they don't make a special version for US models - they just make one type of unit that contains a yellow bulb. They program the control system to suit the country. In the US, they have red turn signals, so they don't turn on the yellow bulb. In other countries, they use it.

Who knows why Americans have red turn signals? They probably think it's strange that Europeans have yellow turn signals. Or that they drive on the left side in the UK and Japan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.